• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Of You Folks Getting "Winged" at Tailhook This Year?

Renegade One

None
For the past several years, one of the very nicest (and most well-attended) events at the annual Tailhook Reunion in Reno, Nevada, has been the "Winging Ceremony" for the "Newest Greatest Generation" of Naval Aviators.

This year, the "Chief of Naval Air Training Winging Ceremony" will occur on Friday, 6 September, from 1400-1430. See here for the complete reunion schedule: http://www.tailhook.net/A_Reunion_Page.html

Any of you AW's (and families/significant others) going to be included? Would like to meet you…if only to prove that "I'm not as big a sonofabitch as some of you think I am." ;)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope, but I'll certainly be wandering around the Nugget/Silver Legacy all weekend. I'd be game for an AW meet up if anyone's interested.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Here is the full video including the Winging Ceremony, well worth a look at the Aviation Flag Panel video too
Tailhook 2013 Symposium
http://new.livestream.com/wab/tailhook

Thanks, jackjack ...great find. I watched the Vietnam section with great interest ...listened to MiG-killer T. R Swartz, a friend and neighbor of mine at Lemoore back in the day. T.R. also mentioned his wingman during the shootdown, Spine Ripper, (Jack Waples) whom I knew slightly, but who had a twin brother Bill, with whom I deployed twice in Saratoga early-mid 1960's. Both have now flown West ... Bill was VA-35 LSO ...waved me on ~200 occasions.

Last edited:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
....(Jack Waples) whom I knew slightly, but who had a twin brother Bill, with whom I deployed twice in Saratoga early-mid 1960's. Both have now flown West ... Bill was VA-35 LSO ...waved me on ~200 occasions.
Pretty sure I ran into Bill 'Wapes' in VA-45 at Cecil Field, when I was in VA-44 (1968-'69).
BzB