• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

any NUPOC there?

lmtaran

I am doing my application. Can somebody give me some tipos for the interviwes?. What kind of questions do they ask?

I am Bioengineering and Physics major + minor in math 3.36gpa and fluent in spanish. do I have a chance to be acepted?:confused:

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You sure do. What year in school are you in? The earlier you apply the better, because anything on your transcript is fair game. They tend to ask Calc question and Newtonian physics for anyone, since that's a requirement. I don't think they have any Bioengineers there, so that works to your advantage, because they only be able to ask you basic stuff, maybe some harder physics, but probably no more complicated than Strength of Materials.

I was an ME, so I had civilian MEs that never saw the light of day, busting my balls. For the record, I went to this interview in 2002, had 3 of them (2 is standard, the 3rd means one of your first two weren't strong, but they want to give you another shot), and faild gloriously. For the record, not getting selected NUPOC was the best thing that ever happened to me. You wouldn't believe the kind of money grubbing whores that show up at these interviews.

But good luck on screening and the interviews...make sure you get a good meal on the navy's dime in DC ;)

lmtaran

I'll be a junior this fall. I hope it'll be OK

Thanks for the info...

How long did it take you for the application process?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
That's good timing. The one good thing about NUPOC, is that it happens pretty fast. I had already graduated, and submitted my stuff for screening in January 2002, went to MEPS to get poked and prodded, then I was notified sometime in February that I had screened for the March Interviews (they have them every month). Once you get to the interview, it's yours to lose, and if you do well enough, they let you know you've been accepted right after you walk out of the Admiral's office. You then sign your life away, but get a lot of money out of it :)