• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Marine fighter pilots out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog31

Hi, I'm currently in the marine PLC program
and i want to be a fight pilot. I would like to know how is the training and how is the life as a pilot with a family. Do marine pilots get deployed more than the navy? Really any infomation about being a marine pilot will be very helpful. Thanks

topdog31

Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum so you might find my post some where else too. I'm currently in the PLC program for the marines and i want to be a fight pilot. If anyone can give me infomation on being a pilot in the marines it would help me a lot. How is there life style living with a family? Do marines pilot train with the navy in Fl. I would like to know the goods and bads if there is any. Thank you for your help in advance.

Teddy

TD31,

I'm an OCC'er going this fall as an aviation candidate. I liked reading your post, because it's almost exactly the same one I put up months ago when I started researching this!

Not being a pilot yet, and being at the very beginning of my Marine career, I can only offer the following advice. Make sure that the sources of info you use in making decisions is diverse. Don't rely on any one source. Use your recruiter, but be relentless with him/her. Ask the hard questions - this is YOUR future. Also, use this site - I have found it invaluable. Some of the folks here are retired, others brand new, others active service with a few years on. Many will gladly correspond via email with details.

I was able to get ahold of a field grade helo pilot attached to HMX-1. I grilled the hell out of him and got a very good image of what life as a USMC officer and Naval Aviator will be - the good and the bad. Again, keep your sources varied, keep an open mind, and make an informed decision.

Semper Fi,
Teddy.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It's the hardest job that you've ever loved! Demanding on you and sadly, on family but rewarding. Great deployments for you, alot of separation from the family. Many divorces but the ones that do make it are rock solid marriages. The Corps always trains with the Navy. The Corps has to provide Marine instructors so they do not have to pay the Navy for flight training of Marine SNA's. Quick insight. I hoped it helped. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Raptor2216

I have the ASTB coming up in a week or so and my medical next monday for the marines. Was the ASTB hard? I am studying for it but, I want to know if the math and verbal part was tought? Thanks.

SonnyTucson

I'm also new to this board. It's awesome. I am curious to know how are Marine pilots treated in flight school? Is the same as the Navy? Is there still a backlog of pilots going through Pensacola? After flight school what is a Marine pilot most likely to fly?
Thanks

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
quote:
Is there still a backlog of pilots going through Pensacola?

As of last week there were 260 people in the stash to start API. I class up tomorrow, and am being sent to Corpus Christi for Primary. My first choice was Whiting, but there are a lot of Corpus slots right now, and not enough people that want to go to TX. I'm excited, regardless.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dawgfan,

Glad to hear that you are classing up, best of luck in API, and of course enjoying Corpus!

Status
Not open for further replies.