• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any ideas???

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Hi guys,

We've been doing some rearranging at work lately and one of the things the store manager decided to get rid of was this:
p_00440.jpg

It's made like a cake mold so I figure I can use it like as such to make reusable targets. I've researched making homemade ballistics gelatin, but the problem with it is it starts to melt in direct sunlight.

I'm wanting to use something that's starts out as a liquid, cures into a solid, permanent in nature, but is inexpensive. I looked into Perma-Gel, but it definitely couldn't be considered inexpensive. Do any of you have an idea on something along these lines that would work? I've thought of using insulating foam sealant that comes in a can, but I don't know if it will come free of the mold even if I spray down the mold with a release agent like Pam.

Thanks,

Tex

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
Hunting small offseason game makes for good terminal ballistics testing! Not sure what you could rig up to make flesh like targets but you can do the mold thing to make ivan shells for sure. Probably the eaisest thing would be straight up paper mache crap that you can trash easy rather than trying to coat something with a protective layer. Lay it on top and let it dry and pop it off. Anything else would require alot of heating, mixing, curing and crap.