• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Good Sources for AFOQT Information?

FloridaDad

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good sources for AFOQT information like we have on this forum for the ASTB? I'm planning on taking both tests and applying for whichever one I score best on, wanting to give myself the greatest chance of success. I understand that the tests are similar but there are some sections on the AFOQT that don't have an ASTB equivalent. Thank you!

SE_53

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good sources for AFOQT information like we have on this forum for the ASTB? I'm planning on taking both tests and applying for whichever one I score best on, wanting to give myself the greatest chance of success. I understand that the tests are similar but there are some sections on the AFOQT that don't have an ASTB equivalent. Thank you!
Check out BaseOps Flying Squadron, its the AF counterpart to AirWarriors and has a ton of info on the AFOQT

exNavyOffRec

You should apply to both as you don't want to limit yourself.

The other thing is the USAF gives out pilot spots a different way compared to the USN, where the USN tend to give an even split for USNA/NROTC/OCS the USAF gives priority to USAFA then AFROTC and if any are left then OTS gets those. The USAF recruiter for officer programs that I knew had no openings for a few years.

FloridaDad

You should apply to both as you don't want to limit yourself.

The other thing is the USAF gives out pilot spots a different way compared to the USN, where the USN tend to give an even split for USNA/NROTC/OCS the USAF gives priority to USAFA then AFROTC and if any are left then OTS gets those. The USAF recruiter for officer programs that I knew had no openings for a few years.
Good to know! I'll be applying to both for sure but I was informed that I can't apply to both simultaneously so I have to do one before the other. Totally stupid rule but I'm not hear to question rules just to find out what my pathway is. Hopefully they have some openings!

exNavyOffRec

Good to know! I'll be applying to both for sure but I was informed that I can't apply to both simultaneously so I have to do one before the other. Totally stupid rule but I'm not hear to question rules just to find out what my pathway is. Hopefully they have some openings!
you can apply to both at the same time, if the USAF doesn't like it then don't tell them.

just have the USN pull your physical first and send to N3M then the USAF won't know.