• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any companies that make wood aiplane models

midhusker

Discovering my inner nerd-ness
Anyone have any idea where I can get a squadron specific desktop model made? My dad wants a model super hornet for christmas and I figured I should get him one made with my squadron markings. I have searched on the net but to no avail. I remember in advanced my squadron had models made but I don't remember where. Help.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Anyone have any idea where I can get a squadron specific desktop model made? My dad wants a model super hornet for christmas and I figured I should get him one made with my squadron markings. I have searched on the net but to no avail. I remember in advanced my squadron had models made but I don't remember where. Help.

Check the exchange on base. Most exchanges have those nice wooden aircraft models painted as all of the tenant squadrons of that base. I know my base in Japan did (which is where I bought my COD models) and also Nas North Island exchange had them as well.

Marco

Esnacko.com might be able to help if you contact them directly, couple of Eagle drivers run it, good dudes.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
http://squadrontoys.com/

They make squadron specific (or even down to BuNo) wooden models, but some have a several month lead time.

Squadron Toys is great. I ordered an HH-60H for a my girlfriend (that is what she used to fly) and it is gorgeous. Absolutely accurate and makes my Intruder and Prowler models look low quality.

Great customer service too. I called them to find out when the model would be shipped (they are made in the PI). The lady on the other end of the phone gave me a status report and when I explained that the GF's birthday was at the end of September, they promised to ship it from the West Coast as quickly as possible. I got it a week before her birthday and I want to say they sent it 2 or 3 day delivery at no extra cost (memory fails me in my old age). Total time was 3 months from order.

badger16

None
Pacific Aircraft is another good one. I found it when I was visiting my gf in Arizona...I spent at least 2 hours in their showroom one day. If you are in the area it take the time to check it out. Right next door to the Scottsdale airport. that Squadrontoys looks amazing!

www.warplanes.com