• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any chance?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Since you are in SoCal, a SAT has nothing to do with a J.C. I went to a J.C. (Citrus College; you know that school after all)transferred, then went to OCS and got my Commission. I never took the SAT or ACT. You have been on this site for awhile and I suggest that you finish college and get your degree. BTW I was commissioned at 28 so at 19 you have time. If you want to enlist, no harm no foul. Just know what you want and don't give up. There is a STG 3 on my ship now. Same age with a B.S. in computer science (or something to that effect) and worked for some major computer company. He enlisted because that is what he wanted to do and didn't want the chance to slip by.

NavyAsh

What are you planning on majoring in? I am not sure how well you like math and engineering, however, if you find this path interesting, I suggest that you go this route. The Navy is always looking to get people to go Nuke, and you will be eligible for the Nuke College program and BDCP starting your Sophomore year of college (because it is a technical degree). You really need to make sure that your GPA is above 3.0 in college... high school doesn't matter, the only thing that mattered about high school is that your graduated... with a diploma right?

Talk to an OR and get a plan going, you are just starting off your path and really need some direction, and an OR will do that for you, though his/her direction will be the direction the Navy needs you to go, but that is life and you wil be an officer, so be happy.

The Carrier DVD series is te best damn documentary I have ever seen, though it could have been much longer and focused on Officers in other areas than Aviation and Surface Warfare... would have been nice to see medical, supply, etc. but it is still probably my favorite DVD. I watch it pretty much non-stop....

Good advice. I would definitely suggest getting your grades as high as possible to become eligible for officer programs. I do some work with the Navy and I agree that the BDCP program is a good option for receiving college funding. Keep in mind that you need a 2.7 GPA to be considered. You can learn more about it here.

BullGator

Wow... extra responses start popping up a year later....
At the bottom of post #3 it reads, "Last edited by heyjoe; 09-17-2008 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Merged similar threads/posts"

Hehe. He's still around and post #3 was changed several days ago to his most recent question. As for what he's up to the last week...

lumpysum

New Year. Time for resolutions.

Some people are amazingly good at talking the talk, when it comes to walking...