• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any atheists on this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
I noticed there was a side topic on atheism in the "Michael Moore" thread (I'm not about to go into the politics discussed there) and I wanted to start a new thread on this. I've met several atheist military veterans and I wondered if there were any on this site. Before you ask, yes I'm one of those eeeevil atheists myself. ;)

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm a Christian, and would like to know more about your beliefs. There's no intention to start any flames. I'm just curious.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
McNamara, do you mean to tell me that you don't believe that there is anything after death, that its just an endless void? C'mon, take a look around you. Everything is in such perfect order in the universe that it all can't be just by accident. I don't believe in God, but I do believe that everything is so organized that it just can't be that random. I don't believe in God for my own personal reasons.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
McNamara, I did see in your profile that you quoted Dark Helmet. Spaceballs is a great movie...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
lowslow_n_dumb: This has nothing to do with religion what I'm about to say, and I will not state my own beliefs, it is not important. But the universe is not in perfect order...it just appears that way...it's quite chaotic :) The most reasonable idea of how life came about, counter to Creationism, that I've ever heard is that we are a statistical probability. In the BILLIONS of stars that are out there, there will be planets...millions if not billions...at some point the required ingredients for life would come together. Makes a bit of sense, eh?

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing as I was typing it lol. Your right, but a simple bang could not create such complex and unique galactic formations as there are now, not to mention how many.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
I'm lost. Don't bother proving me wrong. I'll do it myself.
jester_125.gif
dunce_125.gif

NavyLonghorn

Lol.. I love when someone with no actual understanding of AstroPhysics makes claims about what "simple bangs" could do. Thats just such a useless claim. Is it really so simple that you can just look at something, and make a judgement call with about .00000000001 % of the necessary knowledge? Thats like me looking at the surface of the ocean.. and saying.. their is just no way this could be more then 30 feet.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Man, didn't you see the post right above that one. Don't bother. Either way, it doesn't matter because by the time these questions are answered, that sun is gonna burn out, and we're all gonna be dead. BTW, easy off the seriousness, broham!
jester_125.gif

Sorry, just trying to break 100.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Originally posted by NavyLonghorn
Thats like me looking at the surface of the ocean.. and saying.. their is just no way this could be more then 30 feet.

Its not because we know most of what's down there, but we don't know diddly about most of what's out there. Though there still are many things about the oceans that we don't know about yet. That's a different topic.
censored_125.gif
, what happened to atheists!
icon_smile_question.gif

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Space.com is a good astronomy site in case someone else is interested. WOOH, I'M A JUNIOR MEMBER!

DBLang

PLC Candidate
<- agnostic with strong atheist leanings

I certainly cant prove there's no god(s)
I cant prove the world and life as we know it came to be by simple chance and my consciousness is just neurons firing off as my body responds to the outside world...but thats what I believe.
To each his own.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm sure we'll be able to agree on the presence and/or nature of a supreme being if we discuss it long enough...

Anyone have an answer to the guys question?

Sorry, not an atheist myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.