• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

any air force ROTC guys

incubus852

pilot
one of my friends younger brothers was accepted for Air force ROTC and had an interview with the local rotc CO. the CO told him he could offer him a commander's scholarship or something to that extent but if he wanted it, he would have to say yes by tomorrow. this kid is waiting to hear on the academy so he wants to know what to do. any thoughts, especially from those of you applying right now?

i tried pulling him to the dark side...

I could be completely and totally wrong, but I thought any ROTC scholarships were non-binding. If this were the case, there would be no risk in accepting, if only for the time being.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
For the Navy they are non-binding to a point.

After your first year you do have a commitment. Often times if you DOR after your first year you will be asked to pay back some or all of the benefits you received.

KState_Poke22

one of my friends younger brothers was accepted for Air force ROTC and had an interview with the local rotc CO. the CO told him he could offer him a commander's scholarship or something to that extent but if he wanted it, he would have to say yes by tomorrow. this kid is waiting to hear on the academy so he wants to know what to do. any thoughts, especially from those of you applying right now?

You have a year in ROTC without a contract even if you're on scholarship. In some cases they make you pay back the money if you are on scholarship and leave before you contract but if he leaves to go to the Academy they may not make him repay it. It seems weird that he would have to let him know if he wants it by tomorrow. Here we don't even find out who got one until March.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG

Greg, try chairforce.com