• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any advice out there for getting into OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSgtBryant

hey everyone,
I'm currently a SSgt in the Air Force and have been in for 5 years as a jet engine mechanic on the B-52 Bomber at Barksdale AFB. I currently have one year of active duty left, I have a bachelors and two associate degrees. Just wondering if anyone has any advice for someone just starting the whole process of trying to get accepted for OCS...thanks

Rob

Taxman2A

War were declared.
If you are talking about applying to Marine Corps OCS I could help you out- what branch are you interested in?

As a sidenote- I have a friend from back home who was stationed on that very base up until 2 months ago. Have you ever run across Senior Airman Nick Cudnik? I don't know much about USAF MOS codes but he said his MOS was heating and cooling.

SSgtBryant

that names not familiar, there are about 8,000 people on this base but i guess i should of mentioned that i was wanting to get into the Navy OCS, thanks for replying..
Originally posted by Taxman2A
If you are talking about applying to Marine Corps OCS I could help you out- what branch are you interested in?

As a sidenote- I have a friend from back home who was stationed on that very base up until 2 months ago. Have you ever run across Senior Airman Nick Cudnik? I don't know much about USAF MOS codes but he said his MOS was heating and cooling.

WFU2USN

SSGBryant,

Your prior military will look great on an OCS app!

Do as well as you can on the ATSB and Navy PT Test!!

Your GPA will be a factor, as well. A big part of it is your letters of rec. = keep in contact with the people you work for in the USAF, and you'll want to make sure you make it clear why the Navy should select you (what you have to offer/learn) in your personal statement.

I hope that helps!

Robin

IS2(SCW)

SSgtBryant

thanks Robin, my GPA was only about a 3.1 but i was active duty working about 45-50 hours a week so i hope they take that into consideration also, my performance in the AF has been perfect so hopefully that will help, thanks for responding.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.