• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropomorphic issue for fitting in a naval strike fighter jet

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Back in the day....I think there were 20 or so measurements to be performed at some point during the physical. IF someone anthro'd out of a platform, they could receive a personal fit in specific aircraft. That would often determine their career path. The things we would check for were functional reach....could they reach the handle, touch radio knobs, twist, pull CBs, etc.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Back in the day....I think there were 20 or so measurements to be performed at some point during the physical. IF someone anthro'd out of a platform, they could receive a personal fit in specific aircraft. That would often determine their career path. The things we would check for were functional reach....could they reach the handle, touch radio knobs, twist, pull CBs, etc.

They stopped doing fit checks in the aircraft when I went through, this was circa 05-06. If I recall, they only did about 5 different measurements too. I'd be interested to hear if they've started fit checks again.