• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
6’3 and sitting height almost did me in. Cobra is pretty tight but it’s workable.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
I’m 6’6” and I only missed sitting height for helos by .3”. Doc wouldn’t give it to me :(

I did redes with two others who were shorter but their sitting height was higher. They were more torso than I was.

There’s a reason they schedule anthro first thing in the morning, when you are taller. I frequently wrestle with the thought that if I had stayed up standing the night before instead of sleeping, maybe I’d be wearing different anchors. But I also wouldn’t have made the friends I did along the way. I am curious if the TH57 replacement will have different anthro restrictions.

Last edited:

HeartofTexas

Contributor
I'd think you'd be able to get a remeasure. When I first got my antrho done in Corpus Christi, I was told my BKL disqualified me as "too short". I'm 5'8", not an Amazon but not a total shortstop. Got sent out to Pensacola and remeasured and received a qualified "clear to fit in basically any aircraft as needed". Not a lot of clinics have the fancy measuring stick and some of the ones that do hardly ever use it (i.e. Corpsman who aren't proficient at using it).

HeartofTexas

Contributor
If y’all don’t mind me asking how tall are you guys or who are the tallest people you have met that are also pilots? I’m 6’4 and I’m not sure if this might happen to me as well...
We had a pilot at my command that was 6'5" and an NFO that's 6'6" (actually pretty sure he's an inch taller than that but...). I always feel bad watching the super tall guys walk through the jet because they're in a constant slightly hunched over state for 8, 10 hour flights.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
We had a pilot at my command that was 6'5" and an NFO that's 6'6" (actually pretty sure he's an inch taller than that but...). I always feel bad watching the super tall guys walk through the jet because they're in a constant slightly hunched over state for 8, 10 hour flights.
Thanks for the input! Also I will GLADLY take hunched over rather then a redesignation...