• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthropometric issues

maowczykowski1

I got disqualified for pilot at medical and OTCN for anthro sitting height. I was measured by a corpsman here who let students record numbers and the flight surgeon has not allowed me to remeasure. the LT class officer of my class says nothing is official until we hear back from NAMI, but currently i am disqualified as pilot. everything i have read so far has said that i can get a re measurement. i have also heard i will be stuck here and wont get a chance to be remeasured else wear. I dont want to sit here in student pool or have to predesignate NFO until i know for sure that i cant ger remeasured. Any advice of help will be greatly appreciated.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
forgive me, but I do not know what OTCN is. I'm guessing you are not currently checked into Pcola. Also, you absolutely will have anthro retaken at Pcola before you start API/IFS/NIFE/whatever they are calling it now.

I got selected SNA out of ROTC. When I had my anthro redone at Pcola (as every student has to) they determined my sitting height was too high for the TH57 and T45, meaning I would no longer fulfill the two pipeline minimum. They will not grant single pipeline waivers so you can be guaranteed a big wing spot. They had me come back the next day and I was still too tall. The ultimate solution was to redez to NFO. They do not do sit checks in aircraft.

In all honestly, I was trying real hard to covertly slouch when I did my initial flight physical in ROTC and managed to squeak by.

I can provide insight if you are willing to accept it, as myself and two others went through the redez process together, and are now P-8 NFOs.

If you are pilot or die, then power to you. If you are Naval Aviation or die, then feel free to reach out.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
If you think your score was entered in wrong, then that is something your LT should be helping you with. If the Flight doc personally measures you and enters your scores in and you're still above the max line, then that is unfortunately the end of that.

maowczykowski1

If you think your score was entered in wrong, then that is something your LT should be helping you with. If the Flight doc personally measures you and enters your scores in and you're still above the max line, then that is unfortunately the end of that.
So it was officially a corpsman who measured me. the flight do said the corpsman was "qualified". does it matter if the corpsman used a student to record the numbers? i read on the anthropometric webpage that i can get remeasured somehow? what can i do?

maowczykowski1

my issue is they may make me predesignate here. i want to get remeasured in p-cola before i predesignate. if not, is there an option for me to predesignate as NFO here and then try to go back to SNA when i get to P-cola?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So it was officially a corpsman who measured me. the flight do said the corpsman was "qualified". does it matter if the corpsman used a student to record the numbers? i read on the anthropometric webpage that i can get remeasured somehow? what can i do?
Are you asserting that the student who recorded your results made an error? Did the corpsman call out a measurement different than was recorded?

exNavyOffRec

my issue is they may make me predesignate here. i want to get remeasured in p-cola before i predesignate. if not, is there an option for me to predesignate as NFO here and then try to go back to SNA when i get to P-cola?
how close were you? I would hope if you were close they would take another look, but if we are talking you were an inch out then I don't know how much good another measurement would do.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
In my case, I was 1/8th" too tall sitting height wise. So its not out of the realm of possibilities.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
The human spine compresses throughout the day and you will actually measure shorter midday versus when you wake up. Heavy squats and a three mile run worked for me...technique only. I’m pretty large and have seen larger dudes than myself walking around in flight suits with patches that indicate they’re flying in as small or smaller cockpits than me.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
If y’all don’t mind me asking how tall are you guys or who are the tallest people you have met that are also pilots? I’m 6’4 and I’m not sure if this might happen to me as well...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If y’all don’t mind me asking how tall are you guys or who are the tallest people you have met that are also pilots? I’m 6’4 and I’m not sure if this might happen to me as well...
It matters as much how your spine and limbs are shaped as how tall you are.