• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

anthro standards prior to API

I know many ppl get dq’ed bc of anthro standards. What is the biggest one is it just sitting height, any other ones? What are those requirements and how can you be sure you meet those? I’d hate to go through the process, to just find out I can’t fly bc of my body. If so are your dreams over and you’ll have to either leave Navy all together or just redes to nfo. Can you be guaranteed another pipeline where you might qualify? So in other words if you can’t fit in hornets can one go into another platform?

I would just be very disappointed to find out, once you put in all the work and effort to see it disappear all of a sudden.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try searching for Navy Anthro standards. Reading the instruction will give you a good overview of the limits.

Birdbrain

pilot
I know many ppl get dq’ed bc of anthro standards. What is the biggest one is it just sitting height, any other ones? What are those requirements and how can you be sure you meet those? I’d hate to go through the process, to just find out I can’t fly bc of my body. If so are your dreams over and you’ll have to either leave Navy all together or just redes to nfo. Can you be guaranteed another pipeline where you might qualify? So in other words if you can’t fit in hornets can one go into another platform?

I would just be very disappointed to find out, once you put in all the work and effort to see it disappear all of a sudden.
I got anthro'd out of Harriers for thumptip reach. Broke my heart.

Having worked with the Anthro lady at API once and asking her about this very subject, it seems that near to nobody gets anthro'd out of everything. Don't worry about it.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
You might be able to find an old blurry pdf with some of the anthro measurements, but you can always be an E2 or P8 NFO. I’m 6’6” and even then, barely missed the cutoff for pilot.

Having worked with the Anthro lady at API once and asking her about this very subject, it seems that near to nobody gets anthro'd out of everything. Don't worry about it.
“Thumb tip reach” Oh my wow. Yeah that was my fear random ones like that. Or just getting antro’d out of everything. But that’s reassuring at the very least to know it’s not all or nothing.

Another one I was curious on was whether being a skinny guy has any cons for this too. I’m 5”11 but pretty slim and skinny guy. I was worried that would screw me over too.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
You’ll be fine don’t over think it. The average US male is 5’10”.

sitting height made me ineligible for jets and helps, this I didn’t meet the two pipeline minimum (jets, helo, big wing).

Birdbrain

pilot
Another one I was curious on was whether being a skinny guy has any cons for this too. I’m 5”11 but pretty slim and skinny guy. I was worried that would screw me over too.
I doubt it. They measure stuff like the height of your torso and length of your arms. If you're underweight you may have to pack on a few pounds for the ejection seat though.