• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

another wedding post

dk009

Pilot in Training
i just recently took the plunge and got engaged and am heading to ocs this saturday, following that i will go to api (date unknown). anyways, i know i wont have a definitive flight school schedule for awhile, but when is the best time in the flight training pipeline to get married? just looking for some ideas so the lucky lady can kind of plan things. thanks for any help---

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Dude, do it as soon as you are done OCS because after you get started in API, you may not have any predictable time off until...uhh...never..

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you crazy? Think of all the chicks you'll meet on cross countries/deployments/etc...

Marriage before age 35 is just wrong.. (A4s, chime in here any time shipmate!)

Kolja

Git-r-done
dk009 said:
i just recently took the plunge and got engaged and am heading to ocs this saturday, following that i will go to api (date unknown). anyways, i know i wont have a definitive flight school schedule for awhile, but when is the best time in the flight training pipeline to get married? just looking for some ideas so the lucky lady can kind of plan things. thanks for any help---

After your winging.

Chicks you may or may not meet on cross countries not withstanding (the only thing I've met on cross countries is Red Bull&Vodka and hangovers), flight school is a hell of a way to introduce a bride to the navy. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have waited till life settled down to something a lot closer to normal.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I got married in flight school....not a big deal. I would just set a date and let the future Mrs. go to town......you'll probably get left out of a majority of the planning since you will be pretty busy....damn:) Getting married is one of the few things that you wont get much grief about as far as leave goes. I would say a week would be at the long end of the amount of time you could get off.

Just make sure the Mrs. knows that you will have your hands full and that the majority of the work is going to fall on her shoulders....as long as she is cool with that then you shouldn't have any big problems.

Best of luck!!!

dk009

Pilot in Training
flight school is one hell of a nice excuse to not have to get overly involved in wedding planning. cant say that didnt come into consideration in the timing here... does anyone know how long (average) the wait is usually between ocs and api?, i was thinking if i could fit the wedding in there i could do the geo bachelor thing until advanced so i could completely focus on flight school. that maybe rushing it- i have no idea how long wedding planning takes. if it was up to me i would get this done in vegas! her family and her are completely supportive of everything so its basically what is best for me as far as timing is concerned. just want to see how others experiences were with this. thanks

jchase01

My suggestion is to get your fiancée on AW and have her sign up for the private spouses corner. Many of the women there have been in her position and can give her some advice for planning around your flight school schedule.

Good luck.