• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Supplement Question

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I know this has been done to death, but the search turns up no results on this particular supplement.

Last week, my dad got me a jar of stuff called "NO2," a so-called hemodialator. I checked the NAMI site, didn't see it on the No-No list, so I figure it's ok for now. I am still hesitant to start popping those pills, though, but Dad just dropped 80 bucks on this and I don't want to waste them.

Anyone else here use these things? I hear they help your endurance and whatnot, which should obviously be advatageous. I just don't know if it does anything freaky...like that protein shake I used to use that gave me screaming sh!ts and paint-peeling gas. :p

Thanks, all.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
NO2 is Nitric Oxide...Check the list again...

The answer is the catch-all in the class C supplement list...

"Any substance not listed in this policy is considered Class C until further research indicates otherwise."

The short answer is take nothing...

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Anything "NO" stands for nitric oxide, aight. What it really is- is L-Arginine, the amino acid. They put a mega dose of it in the “NO” pill and manipulate it in some way, I am not sure exactly how. Maybe some of our chemistry major / arm chair chemistry major friends on AW can chime in, aight. Many of the “NO” products are Arginine Alpha-Ketogluterate I think to make it more bio available. So, basically the question is- "Is L-Arginine banned"? The body converts L-Arginine into nitric oxide, aight. It is a vascular hemodulator and provides many benefits including helping with sexual experiences. Many natural sexual enhancement products contain L-Arginine as well, aight.

The NO2 will facilitate a lean body give you a nice "pump" during workout- there is nothing "freaky" about it though. NO-Explode, now that's some freaky sh!t.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
thenuge...knock of the "aight" bullsh!t....got it?

As for the NO2, my wife used it a few years back when I was on deployment. All I know is that when I returned, she was lean and mean. She didn't report anything negative from taking it. In fact, she told me it gave her a "pumped" feeling. She was lifting and doing cardio for what it's worth.

You're not an SNA yet so give it a try.

like that protein shake I used to use that gave me screaming sh!ts and paint-peeling gas.
What the hell kind of protein were you taking? I've tried many types of protein powders and have never had those types of problems. My favorites are Precision Protein (Chocolate) from EAS and "On" Gold Standard. Both are whey and mix very good with just water. Of course you can use milk for added flavor and protein.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Just be careful what you take. Throwing the legal O hat on for a moment...I had a member taking diet pills which did not list amphetamines as an ingredient...To their dismay, they popped on urinalysis...Just be careful. I would stick to your Centrum one-a-day and move on...Even then, list it when you piss...You never know...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
What the hell kind of protein were you taking? I've tried many types of protein powders and have never had those types of problems. My favorites are Precision Protein (Chocolate) from EAS and "On" Gold Standard. Both are whey and mix very good with just water. Of course you can use milk for added flavor and protein.

The protein shakes were Nitro-Tech and then Met-Rx, both of which I've stopped using. Within an hour I'd get Mount St. Helens butt. I like to keep friends. :p

I still have to take the pee test at OCS, though, during inprocessing. So, if I list it before they test it I should be ok? I'd hate to have Dad buy me this stuff and not use it. Maybe I'll wait 'till later.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Well....I know of no credible study which indicates NO2/vasodilators provide any measure of increased ability to do anything...other than cause the user to spend money. In the one study I could find it: (did) slightly (although not statistically relevant) increase hemoglobin count (did not) adversely alter any health parameter.

The theory behind NO use is solid....it is a key molecule which is used in nearly every physiological reaction in the body. In the cardivascular system, NO2 is a vasodilator (hemodilator is not entirely accurate, although I suspect it is used as a marketing ploy because it sounds cool) which means it leads to an increase (due to increase of internal diameter of vessels) in transportation of O2 flow, blood flow and nutrient transport. ***A word of caution here to those who may use it....in theory, it will also lead to lowered blood pressure...not good for pointy nose folks.***

I placed theory in bold because supplement makers have grabbed onto this theory and touted NO2, or its variants, as the next great thing. However, they have done this with no previous human scientific data to substantiate those claims. None.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Ok, no more "aight". Geez.:chef_125:

As far as the protein goes, try Muscle Milk. It has zero lactose and my digestive issues I had with other proteins are now a thing of the past. I am not lactose intolerant that I know of but this change REALLY helped. Try it.

Also, I saw that you took Nitro Tech. This has creatine monohydrate in it and may be the real culprit, not the protein. Nitro Tech is pretty good though, so...
Met-Rx is just not good protein compared to what is available now.
Try these:
Muscle Milk
Isopure
Syntha-6
Optimum Nutrition "ON"