• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another sensationalized airline safety story

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Omigawd! The plane turned right instead of left! The horror, the horror!

The article presents this as a safety concern even though it documents no "near-misses." It even calls mistakes, "mishaps," even though nothing happened.

"We're running into confusion at the runway," said Ray Adams, vice president of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. "The pilots are being told one thing 30 minutes before departure and then they get on the runway and we're required to tell them another thing."

Said one passenger: "That is very scary."

:D:D:DAre you freaking kidding me??? Scary is a short hook to final for a low oil ASR when you are night partial panel under the bag, your LED batteries just died, and your controller doesn't know her right from left.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not saying I care even a little bit about what Ms. Sloan is writing, but it is certainly some more "news I'd like to f***", and I'm not even into blondes!:D

Sounds like failure to follow simple instructions (lack of discipline) on all parties.

B

Blutonski816

*sigh*

brandon_routh_in_superman_returns_m.jpg

Airlines... still the safest way to travel... blah, blah... stay in school... eat your veggies.