• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another reason to avoid the Norfolk

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Police usually bring down speeding tickets for military personel.... I saw my buddy get pulled over going 125 in a 65 and get it reduced to 85 just because he used both his license and military ID. The only thing with this Idea seems that if you have no prior traffic offenses and you accidently get clocked speeding you lose your license and go to jail... all to get more revenue? That is what makes it "rediculous" in my opinion.

That buddy is an idiot and should have been fined $5000.

That classifies as serious reckless driving as far as I'm concerned.

Well thanks, I was born and raised in CA, went to the RAG in SD and I don't live in VA.

Oh boo hoo, you would be punished for breaking the law.

VA got together and decided that is what was best for them. You sound like a liberal, you think you know what is best for everyone else. Maybe you have been hanging with the Hollywood lefties for a little too long.

Obviously, the real issue is that the normal process was subverted by a self-serving politician.

:confused::confused::eek:
Wanting to avoid gestapo tactics makes him a liberal? Maybe the John Birch'ers don't want me after all.

phrogpilot73

That buddy is an idiot and should have been fined $5000.

That classifies as serious reckless driving as far as I'm concerned.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

A $5000 fine is not steep enough for that retard. Nearly double the posted speed limit, more than likely exceeding his and the vehicles capabilities and needlessly/recklessly putting innocent bystanders (other motorists) lives at risk. He needs to go to a federal pound me in the ass prison.

And his command needs to be made aware of the fact that he used his status as a member of the military to get it reduced to only 20 over the speed limit.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
I live in Northern VA were the idiot who wrote this bill is from first he is a republican, tough sell for me I think he is a RINO (Republican In Name Only), also these fees only apply to the residents of VA, if your drivers license is from out of state you should be fine because you are not classified as a resident, i.e. not paying taxes, driver registration ect.

My point of view is if you are grossly breaking the law then its fair game, but for minor stuff this law does not apply because it does not apply unless you are a habitual speeder or rule/law breaker. So don't get too bent out of shape, and only speed 10mph instead of 15-20! You be fine

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Isn't 15 over the limit considered reckless driving? I believe it is a felony in most states. I could see some justification for heavy fines, compare it to the fines imposed for other felonies (i.e., dui).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Isn't 15 over the limit considered reckless driving? I believe it is a felony in most states. I could see some justification for heavy fines, compare it to the fines imposed for other felonies (i.e., dui).

Then I must be a felon.....actually, I was under the impression that most moving violations weren't even misdemeanors (with the exception of a DUI). Is this not true? BTW 15 over in OR is not a felony, and IMO is hardly reckless given the right conditions (though clearly illegal and slightly excessive). We have a 30 over or greater than 100 mph rule for the "reckless" ticket, and though they may not actually take you to jail, you don't drive home

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
LOL

If 15 or whatever over is a felony then anyone who has ever driven on a Chicago or Los Angeles freeway is a felon

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Realizing that this is a long-dead issue, I just got done getting off my det and back home to Guam (not CA) and am seeing all the hornet's nest my little comment made for the first time. I do enjoy the reference to me as a liberal. I'm not sure that it makes any sense under the circumstances, but such is life. I have to say that you are absolutely right. Being from another state or in this case a "protectorate" does take away any and all rights I might have to express my opinion about laws passed elsewhere. My most sincere apologies.

Please clarify, though. Do I only have the right to object to laws in the state where I live or just the state where I have residency. I mean, I live in Guam (which isn't even a state) but my state of residence is Texas. So who's laws can I comment on? What about the state where I was born? That was Washington so can I participate there? Of course, I only lived there until I was two. Actually I've lived in Utah longer than anyplace else so maybe I'll just look at their laws. Then again, I don't live there now and my driver's license isn't from there either so maybe not. Hmmmm....maybe I should only argue laws enacted where I pay taxes except of course Texas has no income tax so I'm back to square one. I did pay a lot of sales tax there, though. Come to think of it, I've paid sales tax in Florida, California, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Georgia, Washington....and, oh yeah...Virginia. All right. Guess I'm covered. Thank you for helping me clear that up. I'll just try to avoid thinking about laws passed in Illinois or other Great Lakes states...for now.

soccermaniac723

I hate that place. I was stationed with a guy who was going 15MPH over the limit in Virginia Beach and he had to spend a weekend in jail for wreckless driving! They tend to target the military the most there. I know...I was stationed there for almost 5 years!

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Thank you soccermaniac for agreeing with me (even though your avatar's a bit creepy). However, being stationed there for 5 years....hmm...well, we're just not sure if that qualifies you to have an opinion on this or not. So before you get labeled as a "liberal" - or "communist" which is where people who randomly throw out words like "liberal" inevitably go next for even more impact (see also: "Nazi") - we should wait and see the final decision on who's allowed to have / express thoughts on Virginia laws.

NUFO06

None
On the way down to FLA from VT, I, along with over 200 cars slipped on black ice and wrecked along 95. Well, when i wrecked there were 6 police cars trying to help other people. I hit one of the cruisers. RECKLESS DRIVING. (its reported i was driving below the speed limit and had got into the accident because I furthered try to slow down)

Two weeks later on my way back to VT. I got caught doing 16 over on the interstate 95 in Virgina. I had my cruise control set @ 70 for 5 over the speed limit. All of a sudden the speed limit dropped to 55. An undercover gave me for RECKLESS DRIVING, just walked up gave me the ticket and left.

Its messed up. Only two things on my driving record both Wreckless Driving and from virgina.

OK, I'll be the oddball here. Overall I actually LIKED Shit City especially when I was single. TONS of women there, Lant widows, ODU, waves, V Beach tourist ect so forth. All one needed to do is open their mouth. Traffic sucked that's for certain. Housing was reasonable but I have no idea what it's like now.
Chesapeake Bay IS the best body of water in the world IMO. For the hunter Va's Eastern Shore or out west places like Geo Washington Natl Forrest offers anything from turkey, grouse, bear and deer.