• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another OCS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicki

Hi All,

I can write to you because I have liberty and am therefore able to get to a computer not in the battalion. Unfortunately I can only do that on weekends.
We got our liberty after passing our six week PI. As you can assume - we failed our 4th week RLP (room, locker and personnel - the new term for the MTT). The class as a whole did pretty well, but a couple guys were so hosed that the DIs stopped counting hits when they got to 50. This left us with a failing class average - an ugly scene which I strongly advise against.
As far as academics - none have been too tough, but you're pressed for time and always so tired. Also, do not underestimate Naval history (your first class). You need to study for it.
We had drill comp last Wednesday. We got a 104 and got the drill streamer. Our Class Drill Instructor, Gunnery Sergeant Rocquemore, USMC was pleased - therefore we were very pleased. Since we didn't have to "stand the hell by", life was good.
We have entered "the gauntlet" of weeks 6-9. Class average on seamanship was a 94 and nobody failed which is a very good thing. Class 22-01 (my class) is known as "an endangered species". We are down to 16 and are the smallest class anyone can remember since the early 1990's (like when OCS was AOCS). They call us "detail 22-01" or "the reinforced fire party".
The sweet sixteen have nav to conquer next!
Got to check out the aviator mecca of Trader John's on Friday night. We were there on a winging night. Beer was free and the manager said that over a thousand people had come throught the door that night. It was a great time, but our curfew was 1am - Man did that suck.
I also met Todd Royles (a board contributor) down here. I drove over to the Nex and he saw my car and recognized it from all the posts about it here on the forum. Pretty wierd!
I have 25 days 'til change of command (when 22-01 becomes Candy-O's), not that I'm counting or anything. Can't wait to see y'all down here - it's starting to get warm.

FLY NAVY

OC Wildman

Musiqlover

Hey Vicki, I am glad to hear from you! Although you don't seem to happy with OCS! Anyway, any more tips for all of us who are still preparing?

Sincerely,
Paul

quote:
Hi All,

I can write to you because I have liberty and am therefore able to get to a computer not in the battalion. Unfortunately I can only do that on weekends.
We got our liberty after passing our six week PI. As you can assume - we failed our 4th week RLP (room, locker and personnel - the new term for the MTT). The class as a whole did pretty well, but a couple guys were so hosed that the DIs stopped counting hits when they got to 50. This left us with a failing class average - an ugly scene which I strongly advise against.
As far as academics - none have been too tough, but you're pressed for time and always so tired. Also, do not underestimate Naval history (your first class). You need to study for it.
We had drill comp last Wednesday. We got a 104 and got the drill streamer. Our Class Drill Instructor, Gunnery Sergeant Rocquemore, USMC was pleased - therefore we were very pleased. Since we didn't have to "stand the hell by", life was good.
We have entered "the gauntlet" of weeks 6-9. Class average on seamanship was a 94 and nobody failed which is a very good thing. Class 22-01 (my class) is known as "an endangered species". We are down to 16 and are the smallest class anyone can remember since the early 1990's (like when OCS was AOCS). They call us "detail 22-01" or "the reinforced fire party".
The sweet sixteen have nav to conquer next!
Got to check out the aviator mecca of Trader John's on Friday night. We were there on a winging night. Beer was free and the manager said that over a thousand people had come throught the door that night. It was a great time, but our curfew was 1am - Man did that suck.
I also met Todd Royles (a board contributor) down here. I drove over to the Nex and he saw my car and recognized it from all the posts about it here on the forum. Pretty wierd!
I have 25 days 'til change of command (when 22-01 becomes Candy-O's), not that I'm counting or anything. Can't wait to see y'all down here - it's starting to get warm.

FLY NAVY

OC Wildman

PM

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Hey Vicky,
Well sounds like things are geting better for you..only 16 left huh?? that does sound a bit wired? but anway keep up the good work and i will see you ina few weeks!!

Sean

Kraftwerk

Hey Vicki

I've seen your little hose team walking around OCS, and I can't help but wonder.. They're only 16 candidates! I've never seen such a small grouping of candidates, how are you going to fill all the billets during candy-o phase? How do you guys handle the watchbill now? Sure must be tough, but you guys have your much needed liberty and that'll help a lot. All kidding aside, a small class can be very good in some instances! Congrats on your liberty!

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Ross,
I am not sure of the exact date that I am going down yet my recruiter just cut my orders and I am going to pick them up in a couple of days. But I will let you know as soon as I can.

Sean

vicki

Kraftwerk,

Watch was a bear when we first started. We were standing watch 5 days a week. After about two weeks of that the class team came to their senses and realized that 20 hours of sleep a week was not enough for us. We combined with 21-01 to cover watch. Upperclassmen got pulled back onto the watch bill - much crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth.
As for Candy-O, I'll worry about it when we get there. We are only 1 week behind 21, so we'll be in good shape the first week. The second week is gonna suck. Hopefully with the 4th of July falling during that week there won't be a new class to indoc. In all honesty I don't care how little sleep we get because if we're Candy-O's it means we're almost out of here!

Kyle McWhirter

Hey Vicki,

Good to hear from you. I leave on Saturday so I will see you soon. Just don't make too much fun of me in my poopies. I just returned from the Academy and watched a huge group of my buddies get their commission. One said, "keep your eye on the prize." I like that saying. Anyway, I will be there with a giant smile on my face on Saturday...hahaha. See you soon.

Kyle

Ed Williams

Vicki, How many started in your class? I'm in the 16June class. Please be nice to OC Williams when you check him in. He is a really nice guy!!!
ed

Jason Williams

Hey Ed Im sure that class 20-01 and 21-01 will take real good care of you. Just kidding. Hey went to ACES with ya and will see you around. I think we will be Candio's by then but because 20 is a week ahead of us, I dont know how the billets are going to work. Just be prepared for some Micky Mouse crap for the first couople of weeks and believe me its all for a reason???? Good luck

Jason Williams

Ed, we are entering our 10th week. This place isnt so bad (not that I want to do it again) but time flies. Just try to get your class working as a team as quickly as possible. Hopefully your class will be odd numbered and in Battalion 1. That last 2 classes have been Honor classes. Good luck

Ed Williams

Jason,
I will be in town later this week, and checking into OCS on the 16th. I'll try to keep your thoughts of OCS not being so bad in the back of my mind. Week 10, shit, I can't wait for week 10.
ed

Ed Williams

Question for you, On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being almost fun, and 10 - wanting to shoot yourself, how was it? Is the first week as crazy as i have heard? Did you see Nicole Wells at all down there?
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.