• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Norfolk Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

Can I get some recommendations on places to eat, water parks, clubs, activities, etc to do while in Norfolk (no bars unfortunately)? Going to see Dave Matthews play on June 23rd at VA Beach and head up to Busch Gardens but other than that, I don't have any plans for the rest of the week. I'm trying to squeeze in one last ounce of fun before reporting to the Yard. Thanks!

Semper Fi

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
If you are looking for the club scene, Crocs bar on Pacific( I think) is a good place or try Have a nice day Cafe on the Norfolk Waterside(downtown)

twidget

Deskaholic
The closest thing to a water park that I know of is the Gator Pool at NAB Little Creek. They have one big water slide, but if you're single it may not really qualify as a "water park". If you've got young kids however, they'll definitely get a kick out of it. There are quite a few more things for the little ones.

I second the Waterside recommendation. There are lots of different things packed into a small area, including a Jillians, Hooters, Hibachi Grill, and a couple of other restaurants and clubs.

Fred

Ocean Breeze water park is in Va Beach. Right down the road from Oceana on General Booth Blvd.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
ocean breeze has an admissions fee.

the pools and slides on little creek base and oceana base are free.

although you can't really compare the 9-acre water park to the slides on base :)

Fred

The base is cheaper than Ocean Breeze but not free, at least it wasn't in the past. It was $4 for kids and either $5 of $6 for adults last year. I know it was over $20 when I took our 4 kids to Oceana last year. I think it was about the same for the Gator Pool on Little Creek. My daughter had her bday there and I paid about $60 for 12 kids and two adults.

Fred

No problem. I've known a few people to get there expecting it to be free or next to free and been surprised and not has enough cash on them. My neighbor had her 4 and two extra kids last year and only had $10 cash for snacks. Talk about a bunch of unhappy campers when they got home.

The officer pool at Oceana used to only be .50 but I heard they were only using it for swim team and swimming lessons this year, not sure if that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.