• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally they will punish without regard to the status of civilian courts. Know a number of troops doing the park at gate DUI lot/walk of shame or catch a ride since they're still serving their 1 year on base driving suspension even w/charges dropped.
That usually depends on what the policy is from Regional commands.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
For the record, I was just trolling with my question. I knew the answer already.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
His popularity rating was probably not that high to begin with, but I'm sure he's persona non grata in the JOPA there.

Yes, they should be able to wear flight suits, but not for the dumb-ass reason he put in the letter.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Didn't want to start a new thread, and couldn't find evidence of a more applicable thread, so using this one to pose this question:

When did it become acceptable to start wearing colored undershirts again? I can't find a NAVADMIN that supports this and the uniform regulations certainly don't authorize it, so when did this become a "thing" again? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or is this just an under-the-table effort by the West Coast HSC community?

Reactions: IKE

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Didn't want to start a new thread, and couldn't find evidence of a more applicable thread, so using this one to pose this question:

When did it become acceptable to start wearing colored undershirts again? I can't find a NAVADMIN that supports this and the uniform regulations certainly don't authorize it, so when did this become a "thing" again? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or is this just an under-the-table effort by the West Coast HSC community?
1) The first rule of colored undershirts is: you do not talk about colored undershirts.
2) The second rule of colored undershirts is: you do not talk about colored undershirts.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
In all seriousness, I believe there was a message from the Airboss last year to all CNAF units that authorized it. Basically colored Ts are good on base as organizational clothing, at the discretion of the Unit Commander.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In all seriousness, I believe there was a message from the Airboss last year to all CNAF units that authorized it. Basically colored Ts are good on base as organizational clothing, at the discretion of the Unit Commander.
Because obviously if you wear a colored T-shirt off base, the world will implode. :rolleyes:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Short of real retardedness - E wearing white low-rise athletic socks with black-and-tans - I've never seen a CMC give a shit about sock colors.

The squadron color shirt revival came around by navadmin from the air boss middle of last year. On paper if you wear them then you're back to bags being 'organizational clothing' and can't wear them out in town. Because civilians would never understand the concept of team colors, even if they noticed or gave a shit, which they do not. It's just the Navy way - be pedantic about rules for their own sake.

In reality though, I have difficulty imagining a ready room full of JOs saying, 'let's go to Moe's for lunch! Everyone change tshirts!'