• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another API video (check it out)

freeflyingchris

I am a long time reader and a first time poster. Here is a video that I made for my class after going through API. I started October 27th, 2006 and graduated on December 8th, so it is pretty recent stuff. This pretty much gives you an overview of what to expect physically during API

This one just shows the redneck parasailing that you do at the end of API

And this is a quick clip of the tower jump and swim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlPavqnGkg

I hope you all enjoy ! ! !

Chris

BrianUSMC

A closed mouth gathers no feet.
pilot
Pretty good videos, man... I wish we had someone to tape some of the stunts we did back at api. At any rate, good job putting that together.

I can't wait to hear the comments about the music, though!

Brian

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The first video... whoever did the sound editing... sucks. Brought back a lot of memories though.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Good vid. Music was.....eh. Great memories from API. Cant believe Ill be finished this summer. BTW, our API vid (class 0631 aka Blue Falcon) was the BOMB-DIGGITY!

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
It's amazing that with all those vids, guys still have questions about what API is like. It's all fun and games!

freeflyingchris

I will admit that the music isn’t the best in the world, but I ask the class what type of music they wanted and they said Top Gun stuff. I thought that it was a little cliché so I tried to mix it up a little bit. If I had more than an afternoon to put the whole thing together and make copies it might have been a little better, but it is what it is.

As failures from API we had none. We did have a few people roll back a class because they failed a test or 2.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Nice videos. Cant wait! When I was down there for my flight physical they took us over to the pool area to watch for a bit while we were waiting. We got to see the big bad mighty thunderstorm get hoisted out or the water drill. The pool was a lot smaller than I pictured.

BTW, our API vid (class 0631 aka Blue Falcon) was the BOMB-DIGGITY!

Any relation to the Blue Falcon TBS video (I think Delta Co.) that they showed us at OCS? That thing was funny.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will admit that the music isn’t the best in the world, but I ask the class what type of music they wanted and they said Top Gun stuff. I thought that it was a little cliché so I tried to mix it up a little bit. If I had more than an afternoon to put the whole thing together and make copies it might have been a little better, but it is what it is.

It wasn't the choice of music so much as the editing. You need to learn how to transition between songs and when :) Good video though, like I said, brought back memories.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Nice videos. Cant wait! When I was down there for my flight physical they took us over to the pool area to watch for a bit while we were waiting. We got to see the big bad mighty thunderstorm get hoisted out or the water drill. The pool was a lot smaller than I pictured.

Any relation to the Blue Falcon TBS video (I think Delta Co.) that they showed us at OCS? That thing was funny.

Yeah...same guy...in my API and Primary classes.