• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

An important admin note...

Bevo16

pilot
If all you take from this is the knowledge lodged somewhere in the back of your brain that when you have a casualty, you need to say....

"Holy shit, I remember reading about this somewhere at some point. There are instructions and guidance out there somewhere and we need to get crackin on figuring it out."

...then you will be well ahead of the game.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Im not all that familiar with the Navy's "page 2" but I know that Marines can look at, and to some extent, edit some of the things that Bevo and others have brought up via Marine Online.

For you new 2nd Lt's out there, try to get familiar with Marine Online. You will use this primarily to check in and out of leave during training but all of the aforementioned is in there and is a quick way to check the wave-tops without going to bug the admin officer.

I'm learning a ton BTW....press...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I've made it a point to turn in my SGLI and page 2 to each new command I go to (it usually happens to be part of the check in process), but how do I make sure it is "in the system". Is there somewhere I can log in and check this stuff, other than taking my YNs word for it?

Just seems like something too important to not double check.... Always makes me a little nervous just handing them the paperwork and hearing a, "Sure we'll take care of it".

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Im not all that familiar with the Navy's "page 2" but I know that Marines can look at, and to some extent, edit some of the things that Bevo and others have brought up via Marine Online.

For you new 2nd Lt's out there, try to get familiar with Marine Online. You will use this primarily to check in and out of leave during training but all of the aforementioned is in there and is a quick way to check the wave-tops without going to bug the admin officer.

I'm learning a ton BTW....press...

Just had class on this today here at TBS:

To update your Record of Emergency Data (RED), which I felt included your NOK and SGLI payment info, you have to do it with your auditor as well as doing it on MOL. The paper/hard copy with the auditor is the one that counts in the end when you die and they need to pay someone. The instructor laid out the story of the Marine who was divorced, remarried, then was KIA and his money went to the ex-wife cause he'd only updated the info on MOL, not the hard copy with the auditor.

Pags

N/A
pilot
It takes very little effort to do a command wide Pg. 2 scrub. Everyone comes up by shops or alphabetically. Ensures everyones info is up to date. You can even incorporate NFAAS/DEERS into it.