• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

amoxicillin allergy

navy_or_bust

I was wondering what the official word is about medicine allergies, specifically to amoxicillin. I searched the forms and found a result saying someone listed amoxicillin on some paper work and had no problems back in 2003, I wanted to know if that was still the case.

Thanks.

sbudnik1

pilot
Dude I wouldn't sweat it. I'm allergic to amoxicillin as well. It's a non-issue for meps and is not a disqualifier.

blondegal

I don't know how everyone is saying that it is not a problem. I JUST got done with MEPS and they said I was DQ because I am allergic to amoxicillin. My recuiter is going to do a waiver for me and I hope that it gets approved. I want to join so bad and I don't see what the big deal is. I am super healthy. That is the only thing keeping me from joining:(

m26

Contributor
MEPS makes mistakes (i.e. giving me the wrong eye test). I wrote down my amoxicillin allergy in my pre-screen, then again at MEPS, and my medical was complete and passed in TN with no mention of the allergy. If had had to venture a guess, I would say your MEPS is mistaken.

That said, you're ID, so maybe your MEPS was my MEPS (SLC)? Also, I haven't had amoxicillin since I was 5, and I don't know the extent to which that played a factor.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Yeah, I'm allergic to Cefzil... same deal, they don't care, just need to know about it.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I've never heard of someone being denied due to amoxicillin allergy. However, I never did the MEPS thing either.

For the OP, it shouldn't be a problem; there are other antibiotics to choose from.