• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

American Fighter Pilot Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

wali

Come on guys, why do we have to criticise the Air Force or its Pilots. We are all in it for the same cause. So what if the producer wants to add some stuff. You have to realize that it's not only for the Aviation Buffs like us, it's mostly made for General Public and has to be presented in a way that would be easy to understand and will be interesting at the same time. Look at "Top Gun" for example, I am sure it does not depict the real Navy or its pilot. I am sure if they make a reality show about the Naval Aviation (something like AFP), then it would not be 100% accurate.
On the matter of landing on the carrier, I am sure if the Navy trained all these Air Force Fighter pilots, they will be able to do the same.
Why do we call the Air Force "Chair Force." Is it because they live a luxury life and don't have to go through the hardships of being a Naval Aviator? I don't know, most Air Force Pilots I have known are Hard Core and intelligent guys. Trust me, I have come to know a lot of Air Force Fighter Pilots. I got an incentive ride in an F-16(while I was in AF ROTC) and all of the pilots assigned to us were really nice and helpful. Lead us step-by-step instructions, helped us in the Altitude Chamber and also during Egress training. I found them professional and helpful. The F-16 ride was a blast. I am sure that all Navy and Marine Pilots are the same way.
So I think we should stop making fun of the Air Force or the Pilots of the AF. We are all lead by the same cause to defend this great nation. By the way, once again I am adding that we should not criticize Giggy cause no matter how the show makes him look, he must have what he takes to be an Eagle Driver.
I don't mean to offend anyone, I am a big Navy guy myself but I would rather not be critical of the Air Force.

dawgfighter

Wali,

I would never SERIOUSLY make fun of the Air Force. They are my father's sister service(dad was in the army). It's out of pure fun that I make my remarks. If anything, its out of jealousy because they fly the F-22.(i wanna fly that thing soooooo bad) Now you ask, "Why did you chose the Navy if all you want to fly is the F-22?" The answer is simple. I want to be at sea instead of being assigned to base that's static. I am nomadic in spirit and love moving. I owe that to living the 'brat' lifestyle.

Erin

"Let's boogie!"

GO NAVY!!!

Gator

Wali,
The Marines picking on the Navy, the Navy picking on the Air Force, etc.., is just the way things are in a job of this nature. Most of it is said in good fun and taken with a grain of salt. In my opinion it's good to be competitive in this line of work and this is just another way of expressing it.

Heck, when I was in the Marines I gave all of Corpsmen a hard time for being in the Navy, but look at me now. I'm now in the Navy.
Edited by - gator on 04/06/2002 13:19:43

Edited by - gator on 04/06/2002 13:21:05

wali

I am glad that you guys did not take a big offense, Thanks. I am sure that you guys know better than me cause most of you have had prior military experience. The only experience I had was 2 years of Air Force ROTC and I enjoyed it. I should not, I guess, try to defend anyone cause I am in the Navy myself. I chose Navy over Air Force cause there was no gaurentee on Pilot Slots with the Air Force ROTC and Navy not only gaurenteed one but gave me a good bit of money with it.
Thanks for not taking an offence and take care Guys.
Hurrah Air Power! (as in all of military aviation)

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Hey im only 17, but isnt there a drag chute on the F-15 for just such an emergecy. Or couldnty he just go full power, have them put an arresting wire out, and use the hook?

dawgfighter

Hey Y'all,
I just go word from a VERY reliable source that AFP was cancelled. I guess it didn't pull the ratings they were hoping for. They are replacing it with repeats of JAG. *sigh* DJE is yummier than a steak from the Outback! Anyway, I wish that another channel like DWings would pick it up. I doubt it however.

Erin

GO NAVY!!!

Edited by - dawgfighter on 04/10/2002 00:30:18

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
Oh man! That better not be true! lol Friday nights are now like a "Family Bonding night" to watch this! Even my 28 year old (10 years older than I... so we get along! lol) SISTER races to get here an hour before the show! lol We usually watch cool shows (like the test flying show of the F/A-18E on Discovery Wings) that I recorded during the week before and after AFP. lol Oh well, what can you say... I guess the public likes Naval Aviation better. :D lol j/k

Randy Haskin

quote:
Anyway, I wish that another channel like DWings would pick it up. I doubt it however.

The Rumor (tm) now is that CBS will show the remaining 6 spisodes this summer.

I thought the show blew goats, but was an interesting insight into the F-15C B-Course.

For those of you wondering about the "8 per year" stat, the producers were playing the funny math, not the Air Force. I believe they were talking about how many B-Course students were awarded class Top Gun honors, NOT how many dudes just plain graduated the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.