• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

American Airlines Mil Discount

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy Crap.

I'm flying from South America to Philly for Xmas, which is running about 1300 bucks everywhere I look.

For sh!ts and grins, I called AA to see if they offer any mil discount.

900 bucks. And I get my miles.

(Borat voice) WOWWEEEWOWWOW

give it a shot...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy Crap.

I'm flying from South America to Philly for Xmas, which is running about 1300 bucks everywhere I look.

For sh!ts and grins, I called AA to see if they offer any mil discount.

900 bucks. And I get my miles.

(Borat voice) WOWWEEEWOWWOW

give it a shot...

That is what you get for taking orders to the other end of the world.....or should I say the butt end?......;)

Raptor2216

I've lucked out once before with AA when i bought a ticket two days before the flight and ended up paying quite a bit less than what other websites were offering. However, and this a big however, my last experience with AA will be the last one I ever have because I realized just how jacked up their whole situation is...its no wonder they are always on the brink of bankruptcy. I think I will use delta or U.S. Airways from now on.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Having flown Delta from here before, I'm sticking with AA. To each his own.

gtg941f

pilot
I've lucked out once before with AA when i bought a ticket two days before the flight and ended up paying quite a bit less than what other websites were offering. However, and this a big however, my last experience with AA will be the last one I ever have because I realized just how jacked up their whole situation is...its no wonder they are always on the brink of bankruptcy. I think I will use delta or U.S. Airways from now on.

AA may be on the brink of bankruptcy but isn't delta FACING bankruptcy?

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot

Uh dude, you do know that AA is the only major carrier not in bankruptcy? (aside from USAir/AmericaWest) Delta is not only bankrupt, but USAir has made a bid to buy Delta.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Uh dude, you do know that AA is the only major carrier not in bankruptcy? (aside from USAir/AmericaWest) Delta is not only bankrupt, but USAir has made a bid to buy Delta.

Southwest? Jet Blue? Not major enough for you? ;)

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Having flown Delta from here before, I'm sticking with AA. To each his own.
It's really ironic ... as Delta used to be as good as any --- they embraced the cream of the crop (for pilots flying or passengers riding) @ 30 years ago ... today, they are nearly in the tank and represent a target or "meat" for grave-robbers (read: corporate quick-buck "turnaround" artists). AA was staffed with a bunch of @ssholes in the cockpits 30 years ago (that's my opinion ... and I know firsthand, believe it) and I would ride with them only as choice #3 or 4 --- back then. Today I have no brand loyalty and AA --- they're getting it done and that's a fact ...

Delta: I hope they come back.

Amy C

NAS Jacksonville

I hope US Air does buy Delta...I can combine all my skymiles & have a big bank of miles to use!! We have an awful time trying to use Delta miles...but we easily use our US Air miles all the time.