• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMDO Package help request

actionjackson

Hello everyone. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on submitting an AMDO package. I understand the basics such as preferred test scores, and age requirements. Is there anyone who has received good tips that they feel made for a more competitive package and helped get them selected. For example someone said to me "board members like to see only AMDO for the three designator options" or higher ranking officer recommendations and interviews from people within the community in which you're applying for help. Anything at this point is helpful. Last thing is could recent selected AMDO’s post test scores, gpa and ranks of officers that wrote LOR and interviews. PM's are welcome as well...

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Phroggirl88

I was selected in May and below is what I had:

GPA: 3.8 for my BS, Current 4.0 and half way through my Masters
LOR Ranks: One Marine Corps CO, LtCol (0-5), Two Marine Corps Majors (0-4) One was the AMO and the other was a QAO, One from the QA Chief (E-7) and my last supervisor in the Marines and I had one from the Director of my current place of employment. My recruiter also set me up with interviews for two current AMDO's in the Navy. I don't remember their ranks specifically.

What my recruiter said most likely helped me is my Aviation experience. I spent 9 years in the Marines, 2 years as an Avionics technician, 4 years as a CDI, 1 year as a CDQAR and the last 2 years as a Multi-System QAR and AO. While I was in I took as many NAMP Courses that I could get into from Material Management, to Fuel Surveillance.

Are you currently in?

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
Hello everyone. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on submitting an AMDO package. I understand the basics such as preferred test scores, and age requirements. Is there anyone who has received good tips that they feel made for a more competitive package and helped get them selected. For example someone said to me "board members like to see only AMDO for the three designator options" or higher ranking officer recommendations and interviews from people within the community in which you're applying for help. Anything at this point is helpful. Last thing is could recent selected AMDO’s post test scores, gpa and ranks of officers that wrote LOR and interviews. PM's are welcome as well...

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance
ENSIGN, USN
PRIOR:
AM1 (AMC SELECT)
AD: 11 years
Applying for: AMDO, SWO
Degree: Liberal Arts, 3.87 GPA
OAR:48
Interviews: O7, O6x3, O5 x2, O4 (All 10's)
LOR: O6(Commodore CPRW-11)
Evals: EP(#7 of 48), P(new check in), EP(#1 of 84), MP(#1 of 79)
Awards: ARCOM, AAM, NAMx5, Combat Action Ribbon
ProRec: 05MAR18(AMDO), 08MAR18(SWO)
FINSEL: 13 JUN 18
OCS: 22 JUL 18
OCS GRAD: 12 OCT 2018