• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Amblyopia and flight physical?

BoaViking

Red patch, death patch
Hey guys, question for you here. I know there's another thread thats old on amblyopia but its a different situation from mine.

Went to get my flight physical today and immediately flunked the eye chart. I have 20/10 right eye, but 20/30 left eye because of my ablyopia. I do not have the lazy eye part. Also, my stereopsis is good (according to my eye doctor, not a flight surgeon though). I need to redo the physical and see a optometrist before I do the flight physical.

My question for you, if they say I have 20/20 corrected, will I still be able to fly for the Marine Corps? I dont really know how the whole waiver process, class I or II thing works. Ive been too busy busting my ass at PT and taking the ASTB (got great scores thanks to you guys btw!) to look into this. Im really sweating bullets now, because aviation is my dream. Thanks for the insight.