• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I Too Tall??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog06

Right now I am 6'4 and 210 lbs. Am I too tall to fly F18's or F14's? I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to OCS after I graduate college, and I don't want to get there and be told I'm too tall and end up flying cargo planes or something. Thanks.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You're probably asking in the wrong forum but I'll chime in. I believe 6'5" is the max height for a naval aviator but sitting in the cockpit of an F-18 probably has more to do with your sit/reach height.

Another suggestion is if you only want fighters, the Navy may not be for you. Absolutely set goals but understand that you could end up flying any sort of Naval aircraft from fighter to helo. If you think cargo aircraft are boring, you really don't have a clue about the community.

Armo325

pilot
bunk22 is right about measurements. It's not just height as much as your proportions. At any rate, I'm currently in Meridian with VT-9. 6'5", 225 and I can't fly Prowlers, but I'm good for everything else. But let me tell you, that T-45 is a tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.