• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I the only one with this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyLonghorn

I've been accepted into BDCP. I've raised my right hand and sworn in. I get paid every month. I saw, with my own eyes, the peiece of paper that said "pilot." Yet, for the sake of my own sanity, I simply refuse to belive that I will every actually end up in an air plane. It seems like their are so many things that could still go wrong, that it seems a greater chance that I will not get to be a pilot, then a chance that I will get to be a pilot. Anyone else in the holding pattern like me feeling the same way? How far off are my perceptions? My dad was SNA, so, I guess it's in the blood, but, until Im sitting in the cockpit of a T-34, I refuse to belive it will happen!

tali264

LOL....I know what you mean. It just seems to good to be true. I also keep waiting for something to go wrong. But....I guess you just have to have faith that everything will work out. At least that's what I keep telling myself when my mind starts to wander to other thoughts
icon_smile_wink.gif

rare21

pilot
Contributor
dont let it mess with your head ...it messed with mine for a while..now i'm in api and closer then i ever thought. there still may be trip ups like i feel with swimming but man if you dont realize it now you'll realize it later...(you're SNA and closer than you ever thought.) And judging by your screen name...you're a graduate from the University of Texas at Austin...just like I am! A great school produces great people.

apendle

I'm hear to echo the sentiments of the others. I'm a fellow BDCPer, and
I have to pinch myself all the time to see if I'm dreaming, but believe it brother, we're going to fly.

Here's a quote I tell myself to help me get through it all.

"If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, either way your right."

I don't know where I heard it, but it stuck with me.

NavyLonghorn

I hope you guys are right. Some people fear hights, others fear spiders, more still fear sharks or snakes. I fear NAMI.

Dave Shutter

Longhorn...you're right, there are a lot of things that can trip you up and while worrying about them is never productive, you should be aware of them. Fortunately the things MOST LIKELY to trip you up are under your control such as performance and conduct. You'd think conduct wouldn't be an issue but believe me, it gets more people than you think. The things beyond your control are, well...beyond your control. As for medical issues that may arise such as airsickness and the such, the Doc's have seen it all and will work wonders, and pull waivers out of their butts, to help you keep your designator. Contrary to popular belief they do everything possible to keep SNA's. Believe me on this one, I've had a few miracles worked in my benefit already. So unless the MEPS people miss you're vision not even being close to standards (which happens) and as long as you don't get horrifically airsick once you have a helmet on your spinning head when the cocpkit temp. is perfect for poaching eggs, you don't have to worry about the dreaded NAMI guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.