• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Always expect the unexpectedm; my Class A mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. I've been in a C-2 and noticed that cargo cage, but I never thought that's why they put it there. I'd rather have my baggage get trashed than me get trashed. Cool.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After flying 600+ hours in a C-2A(R) as a crewman, I can imagine that the abrupt stop was pretty violent....Thanks for sharing your story...Truly amazing. After all this time, I KNEW that the COD was one h3ll of a bird. Fly safe....
ea6bflyr ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
ea6bflyr said:
After flying 600+ hours in a C-2A(R) as a crewman, I can imagine that the abrupt stop was pretty violent....Thanks for sharing your story...Truly amazing. After all this time, I KNEW that the COD was one h3ll of a bird. Fly safe....
ea6bflyr ;)

What squadron?

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Oh. Well, if you would still have to write it, then that sounds like too much work. Nothing like calling yourself out on a mishap...class A no less. Maybe I'll catch it in the back of Mech along with the inevitable bevy of F-16 mishaps every month.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It's definitely not easy, using yourself as an example. That was part of my goal though, to help my community and ensure something like this never happens again.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Don't get me wrong...I admire that you're willing to share this story. In my community you get it twice for letting everyone know you made a mistake...first for making the mistake and then for letting everyone know you did it. It's really odd because I've never heard of a ship falling to the bottom of the ocean as fast a plane can fall out of the sky, so you think safety would be something easily shared around here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go light some incense and pray to King Neptune that my lat. transfer goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.