• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alright, who knows how to rig an iPod to ICS (interphone)?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I can't imagine a worse idea than a Stud plugging an iPod into the ICS. I wouldn't want to be within 5 miles of the ass chewing that would ensue after that encounter.

Bad bad idea.
Agreed! Studs have NO business doing "conversion" or introducing unauthorized distractions into the cockpit. Image how the SIR will read before you do something that could jeopardize your or someone else's life. IE you crash T-34 and kill someone with an iPod in your helmet......now Apple gets sued, Navy gets sued, you get sued, you go to jail, CO gets relieved, you drop soap.........Now for the fleet guys...read above and think..."is it really worth listening to Journey or Kenny Loggins while trying to autorotate?":D

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
...Now for the fleet guys...read above and think..."is it really worth listening to Journey or Kenny Loggins while trying to autorotate?":D

Good point, but in my day the "forward crew station" was not hooked into "ship's entertainment".

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"is it really worth listening to Journey or Kenny Loggins while trying to autorotate?"

That's why they have "NET CONF." All distractions go away, plus you can talk about the VIP in the back w/out him hearing it.