• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alpha Co

Junior

pilot
I'll be out there as well. Gonna be leaving on the 21st as I'm driving from So. California so screw all you guys who are coming from anywhere else, lol. By the way, I think REI has a new favorite customer as I practically spent all day deciding what gloves to buy and asking questions like what the hell is snow?
And all you Alpha guys don't forget to either go online or to the gun shop on mainside and buy up all the Blackhawk! tactical gear you can find. I am talking about knives, gloves, magazine pouches, G-dunk pouches, tactical slings, flashlights, dropdown leg pouches etc. :) In all seriousness, some of that stuff is great and very useful, but don't be the tool who shows up for FEX I with Blackhawk! gear strapped all over your body.

NavyOCS

Ill be there! wait.. no I wont, I was checking in on the 26th a year ago...my bad. Man you guys are in for a treat, especially the rifle range when its freakin colder than crap. NOTE: Do not wear layers to and from the range
The wait for API is about the same whether you are IFS complete or not. I did IFS before TBS and there were guys who classed up before I did that completed IFS here in P`cola during the wait. My roomate from TBS started only 2 weeks behind me and he did IFS.

fghtpilot

I'll be there, heading down a couple days early to get trash squared away. I'm staying at the Best Value Inn right outside the main gate with a few other lt's.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If you don't have ID cards yet, keep a laminated copy of your orders with you when coming in the gate, going shopping, etc.

rcd141

I'LL be there, Im in VA right now got my wife an apartment in woodbridge. Looking foward to getting some...paperwork.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I'LL be there, Im in VA right now got my wife an apartment in woodbridge. Looking foward to getting some...paperwork.

Hopefully not Misty Ridge...those people ripped me off when I left...lost about $500 on the deal...

Raptor2216

I would just say live in stafford...I believe its called aquia apartments so something close. Its right off hwy 1 and about a 10-15 min drive to base. The aprtments are pretty nice as well.

MikeG

UH-1Y pilot
Have fun guys. Quantico in the cold really isn't that bad. I graduated with Charlie and am in the middle of IFS...you guys are going to have most of our staff from Charlie in Alpha.

A bunch of alpha flight contracts showed up early and completed IFS before picking up. There were a ton of them.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
I was in Alpha...

Just pretend you NEVER got issued the gortex. You will prolly never be granted the ok to wear it... and looking back...it really isn't necessary. Every time I wore mine it soaked thu. However...do a search on cold weather gear on this site, you will find some good stuff. Hopefully you can still wear the underarmour cold-gear.

Have fun with the frozen ropes on the double-O, and the subzero temps during the rifle/pistol qual. Good thing is most of the human feces will be frozen around the ranges. Good Luck.