• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Allergy

wannabe84

I need some help on this topic. I have an allergy to walnuts, a recruiter told me that it wasn't considered a common food. But a buddy of mine told me that my allergy walnuts will PDQ right off that bat. Does anybody have any information that could help clear this whole allergy thing up for me. Thanks

pdx

HSM Pilot
This isn't necessarily a death sentance. I would start by checking out NAMI's waiver site at http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/index.htm

There is also an email contact for questions, which is probably the best source of info (SNAs don't always know these kind of things). You might be lucky and the Navy might not care about your allergy. Even if you are NPQ (Not Physically Qualified), you can try applying for a waiver. Several of the people in my OCS class had to go through the waiver process, so it is possible.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Your allergy to walnuts is not cause for concern and will not cause you to be NPQ'd.

Ann Merke

I have a shellfish allergy which was brought up at MEPs and I was told that Officers get an automatic allergy waiver, so that's my 2 cents.