• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Allergy waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm02

I am currently an undergraduate student interested in commissioning into the Navy via OCS for a pilot slot when I graduate. However, I had an allergic reaction to fish when I was a 5 year old (I ate a piece of fish and had a reaction, was administered Benadryl and was fine). Because of that I got an allergy test and found that I am allergic to salmon, flounder, and tuna however all other fish including shell fish are fine for me to eat. I just had another allergy test recently and the test came back that I do still in fact have an allergy to these three fish. I have lived with this allergy for 15 years and it has never affected my life I even worked at a restaurant in high school where I had to prepare and plate salmon and I had no problems being around it or touching it and I haven't had a reaction since the incident when I was a kid and when I did my most recent skin allergy test. Is something like this waiverable? I am asking this because upon my own research I have found that food allergies are an automatic disqualification from military service. Other than this I am perfectly healthy and would require no waivers for any other military or NAMI physical requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.