• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"ALL IN" on the 2nd AMENDMENT???

MrSaturn

Contributor
Solution: Hide a firearm in every room!:)

Exactly!!

Hide one under the bed
the-back-up.jpg

In your cell phone!
firing-cell-phone-gun.jpg

Under the desk
picture14mp0.png

On your baby
babyGun.jpg

As a codpiece!
picture15ix2.png

The possibilities are endless. :D

/end Threadjack

MPH

He's not joking.

Wow, your arguments are as convincing as they are thorough. Have you considered she was separated from her gun? Perhaps that she was in one room and the burglar cut her off? How would that make the paper? According to you every time someone got shot and there was a gun in the home, it would be in papers around the country, as "evidence". I guarantee that is not happening.

Bottom line is that you don't have enough evidence to adequately draw the conclusions that you are spouting off.

Granted, many... most people may consider my opinions on the topic archaic. With police response times within minutes in most locations now, we are certainly a far cry from needing a gun in every home. We are no longer the "Wild West". That being said, I strongly believe that any individual that doesn't represent a danger to society, and desires to own a gun (or 5) in America should be at liberty to do so. The government's restrictions in my opinion show either a fear of its populace or a complete lack of faith in our judgment.

Regarding my opinion that I personally could have done better: You are certainly entitled to your thoughts. However, none of the above stipulations you created were/have been reported. As such I am obliged to presume that none of them occurred.

I firmly believe that the primary burden of ensuring your safety falls first upon yourself, second on your community, and finally upon your government. When the citizenry reaches a point of dependency upon its government we see them taking less precautionary and preventative measures.

I lock my doors every night and close windows that can be accessed from the outside. I do this for the same reason I own a gun: because it is my responsibility to ensure my safety. Taking a mode of self-defense away from a citizen is the most irresponsible of governments' actions to ensure security for its citizens.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
With police response times within minutes in most locations now, we are certainly a far cry from needing a gun in every home.

Haven't seen much of this country have you? Get back to me with that statement after a couple trips across I-10, I-80 or I-70. Toss in the North-South one's for some variety. I've been to all 50 states and let me assure you, damn near every one has places that are 30 minutes and many are much longer than that.

I'm sitting in a cabin in Western MD right now and let me assure you a call to 911 would mean a 30 minute wait. I'll just rely on my .357 (A S&W 586 with 158 gr JHP).

Reactions: MPH

MasterBates

Where I live, it would take the cops 30 min to just figure out how the hell to get here.

Cops can't be everywhere.

So I carry everywhere I can.