• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alaska Airlines 737 MAX 9 Decompression

Random8145

Since I've contributed to this threadjack, I'll proceed. There are crazy mf'ers riding abandoned rails btwn SD and the Yuma area mining areas Some into restricted areas. They're idiots, but I respect their game a little?

Riding on abandoned lines or lines you get special permission to I think is fine, but restricted areas, that's not right.

taxi1

pilot
I hopped freight trains when I was in college, 1981. Went from Whitefish, MT to Seattle (tie back into Boeing). Huge adventure, and dangerous, and illegal too. The railroads mostly looked the other way.

This guy has a YouTube channel, and his videos are oddly satisfying. Just wandering the rails. If you watch it, you’ll notice he is missing half of one hand. Train ran over it.

GroundPounder

I hopped freight trains when I was in college, 1981. Went from Whitefish, MT to Seattle (tie back into Boeing). Huge adventure, and dangerous, and illegal too. The railroads mostly looked the other way.

This guy has a YouTube channel, and his videos are oddly satisfying. Just wandering the rails. If you watch it, you’ll notice he is missing half of one hand. Train ran over it.

If you like him, check out Stobe the Hobo on YouTube. There is something about his content that draws you in. He has a few videos that go through Whitefish.

I'm about 93% sure I wouldn't do it, but I would like to ride the rails once.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If you like him, check out Stobe the Hobo on YouTube. There is something about his content that draws you in. He has a few videos that go through Whitefish.

I'm about 93% sure I wouldn't do it, but I would like to ride the rails once.
I 100% wouldn’t. My luck, I’d end up on a train full of depleted uranium or something, headed for East Palestine, OH.

Fallonflyr

pilot
You may be right. I don’t know enough about it to say with any certainty, but the switch being on the BACK of the seat points to it not being there for pilot comfort. In which case, whatever protective cover it had to protect against inadvertent actuation might have been the real issue.

Probably why we get reminded regularly not to speculate about mishaps. ;)
At the end of a flight it custom to leave the seat in the full forward position so the next crew can more easily stow their bags. The switch on the back of the seat is there for convenience to run the seat back with out having to bend forward to reach the switch on the seat down by the lower thigh area. It is one of those “Damn those engineers thought of everything” features.😂

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Because in a multi-piloted, long-haul aircraft, you might be changing pilots and want to adjust the seat at some point during the flight?
;)

Not even “long haul” per se, but this reminds me of my landing after a recent transcon. As we set up for descent, I adjusted my seat back to the flying position. Unfortunately I think I had my rudder pedals further forward than normal, and I ended up putting the seat a few clicks forward of where I normally have it. Didn’t really notice until I went to flare, and we are at about 20-30 feet as i realize I cant move the yoke any further back because my body is in the way. It wasn’t quite a navy landing, but it probably felt like one to everyone in the back. I was, however, really surprised when some lady smiled and told me “really nice job, thank you” with no hint of sarcasm at all, as i stood by the flight deck door while people disembarked :)

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Not even “long haul” per se, but this reminds me of my landing after a recent transcon. As we set up for descent, I adjusted my seat back to the flying position. Unfortunately I think I had my rudder pedals further forward than normal, and I ended up putting the seat a few clicks forward of where I normally have it. Didn’t really notice until I went to flare, and we are at about 20-30 feet as i realize I cant move the yoke any further back because my body is in the way. It wasn’t quite a navy landing, but it probably felt like one to everyone in the back. I was, however, really surprised when some lady smiled and told me “really nice job, thank you” with no hint of sarcasm at all, as i stood by the flight deck door while people disembarked :)
What she meant to say was, “Any one you can walk away from, thank you.”

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Eat less bread and crew meal desserts for next time…

sevenhelmet

pilot
What she meant to say was, “Any one you can walk away from, thank you.”
I actually said that to a crew once, after a particularly challenging crosswind landing that he absolutely nailed. The pilot saw I was obviously joking and smiled.

sevenhelmet

pilot
Does your jet have the little eye alignment gauge on the center windscreen post? Not saying I wouldn’t have done the same thing, just curious. All the bizjets I have flown have them, not sure about airliners.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Does your jet have the little eye alignment gauge on the center windscreen post? Not saying I wouldn’t have done the same thing, just curious. All the bizjets I have flown have them, not sure about airliners.

I'll be honest, if there is one, I am unaware of it. Maybe the P-8 guys can confirm/deny? Though they may have dual HUDs on those things, not sure.