• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alaska Airlines 737 MAX 9 Decompression

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

None
Interesting article, interview of former Naval Aviator. Anybody fly with Ed Pierson?

Last year, I was flying from Seattle to New York, and I purposely scheduled myself on a non-MAX airplane. I went to the gate. I walked in, sat down and looked straight ahead, and lo and behold, there was a 737-8/737-9 safety card. So I got up and I walked off. The flight attendant didn’t want me to get off the plane. And I’m not trying to cause a scene. I just want to get off this plane, and I just don’t think it’s safe. I said I purposely scheduled myself not to fly [on a MAX].
*sniff* smells like...some Ward Carroll shit

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Possibly. But the root causes are in plain sight for those that have the integrity to call those out. This isn't just a Boeing only problem.

The image in the quote is funny, because I'd argue that the "skill gap" is a symptom of the same thing that the "wage gap" is.......undervaluing labor to boost earnings. Eliminate the competitive, high paying "skilled" jobs, replace them with cheaper replaceable un-skilled workers.

robav8r

None
Contributor
The image in the quote is funny, because I'd argue that the "skill gap" is a symptom of the same thing that the "wage gap" is.......undervaluing labor to boost earnings. Eliminate the competitive, high paying "skilled" jobs, replace them with cheaper replaceable un-skilled workers.
There is an entire section on this topic in "Skunk Works." Kelly Johnson and Ben Rich acknowledge that the passion, dedication and skill of the engineers and technicians were uniquely responsible for the success of the SR-71, F-117, and F-22. You get what you pay for I guess . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
As a side note, I love how every airplane problem is suddenly Boeing's fault. I'm expecting Boeing to get blamed in the press for an Airbus or Bombardier issue any day now.

Side note to the side note, if you are writing news copy and refer to "aircraft" in the plural as "aircrafts", you are an idiot.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

GroundPounder

As a side note, I love how every airplane problem is suddenly Boeing's fault. I'm expecting Boeing to get blamed in the press for an Airbus or Bombardier issue any day now.

Side note to the side note, if you are writing news copy and refer to "aircraft" in the plural as "aircrafts", you are an idiot.
Aircraft-Identification.jpg

They are not very nuanced in their understanding of fine details .

robav8r

None
Contributor
Still Boeing's fault. I saw it on CNN, so it must be true.

:D
You would be amazed (or not) at the number of folks I work with and/or I know that have SWORN to not fly Boeing products anymore. I always ask: "how are you gonna do that?" They say they're going to "strenuously object" to the airline during the reservation or flight check-in process. I usually just say; "OK, good luck with that . . . . ."

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You would be amazed (or not) at the number of folks I work with and/or I know that have SWORN to not fly Boeing products anymore. I always ask: "how are you gonna do that?" They say they're going to "strenuously object" to the airline during the reservation or flight check-in process. I usually just say; "OK, good luck with that . . . . ."
Just tell them “That’s not a Boeing, it’s a Renton Sky King.”

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Made me think of this gem:

IMG_9693.gif

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Dude, it has gotten seriously absurd since the door blew off one of our planes. Like every incident involving an airliner at all, must be prefaced with "Boeing". These pathetic 20-30-something wannabe journalists, who can't even proofread/spellcheck, are comedic gold