• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ak-47 Self Destructing....what a dumbass

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Yeah what an idiot for shooting a gun that is well known to have reliability problems and a pretty lengthly documented record of exploding...

zpatman

i meant he was a dumbass in somehow managing to get an ak-47 to explode...well that and the look on his face from said explosion

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Google Project Eldest Son. (or search here)

Makes for interesting reading although I imagine those kabooms sounded more like KABOOM......

OscarMyers

None
Im in the middle of my first AK build and that video will be playing in my head the first time i shoot it. Any one in the Daytona beach area want to shoot an AK? :eek:

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Nice signature line. Clearly Patton has no place in today's armed forces.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im in the middle of my first AK build and that video will be playing in my head the first time i shoot it. Any one in the Daytona beach area want to shoot an AK? :eek:

Er, uh, no thanks Oscar, thinkin' I'll stick with me trusty MK-12, 20mm twin cannons. A tad bit greater stopping power, and they don't explode!!:crazy_125
BzB:icon_cat:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I'll stick with me trusty MK-12, 20mm twin cannons...
Trusty?? Well, perhaps, but just don't pull too many 'Gs' w/ 'em ... :)

The Colt Mk 12 was derived from the French Hispano-Suiza HS.404 of WW2, which was derived from the ubiquitous Swiss Oerlikon 20 mm ... yadda, yadda ...

You, too, can be the proud owner of a fully operational, former P-38 Lightning 20 mm cannon for the bargain price of $25,000 + a @ $200 tax stamp !!! PLUS -- NO SALES TAX !!! Thank you, Idaho !!!

Of course, the rounds might set you back a bit ... :)

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Zap!

Trusty?? Well, perhaps, but just don't pull too many 'Gs' w/ 'em ... :)

No sweat, don't plan on honkin' 'Gs' for strafin'! Oh...you mean mano' a mano' air-to-air? Ted Swartz strongly recommends ZUNIs!!!:icon_kiss
BzB:sleep_125

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
No sweat, don't plan on honkin' 'Gs' for strafin'! Oh...you mean mano' a mano' air-to-air? Ted Swartz strongly recommends ZUNIs!!!:icon_kiss

Story?

And Busy Bee, you win the Air Warriors lifetime achievement award for smiley faces.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MIG Killer...

On 1 May 1967, LCDR Ted Swartz VA-76, flying an A-4C from the "Bonnie Dick", found himself at the six o'clock position on a NVN MIG. Armed only w/ a 5" unguided ZUNI rocket pod, Swartz fired 3 separate rockets, of which one struck and downed the unlucky MIG, for the only Skyhawk MIG kill of the Vietnam war.:hot_anima

And thanks for the AW "lifetime achievement award", it was a tough struggle!:sing_125::sing_125: