• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AJPME Information (JPMEII for FTS/SELRES)

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Hey folks,
I teach the AJPME Hybrid Course out of Joint Forces Staff College, which provides the academic requirement (fulfills the same active duty academics) to get JQO Level 3. We need more Sea Service participation. This site usually has more junior folks on it, who think they will fly Navy FOREVER. Not true, not everyone will get SELRES CO.... After talking with a couple of VR skippers (my bro's who screened in my stead) and the last FTS detailer, the O-5 over-grade waivers are going, going, gone... want to move up vice out? Courses like this will break you out on the apply board. 1-3 or so hours a week, 60 Retirement points, 9 Graduate Credits, 40 weeks total, 1 Week Face to Face 1/3 of the way through, and final 2 week Face to Face session. The instructors have a good sense of practicality, understanding that these academics are your 4th job (still have to do some work though).

I'm taking a brief around VA Beach area to reserve squadrons, PM me for additional info (brief is too big to post here).

http://www.jfsc.ndu.edu/schools_programs/ajpme/overview.asp

There is also a pretty easy (clicky, clicky) course for your Senior Enlisted that may help them break out (SEJPME).

csandor

Fly'n Shoe
Any chance to post it to NKO or the navy reserve site? I'm interested in the course and will put on O4 this year

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I'll look into it, appreciate the vector. I'm trying to get OCNR involved in spreading the word, any other websites (like AW) I should post to?

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Apply now csandor, we had LTs go through the course two classes ago! JO perspective is much appreciated.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Hey folks,
I teach the AJPME Hybrid Course out of Joint Forces Staff College, which provides the academic requirement (fulfills the same active duty academics) to get JQO Level 3. We need more Sea Service participation. This site usually has more junior folks on it, who think they will fly Navy FOREVER. Not true, not everyone will get SELRES CO.... After talking with a couple of VR skippers (my bro's who screened in my stead) and the last FTS detailer, the O-5 over-grade waivers are going, going, gone... want to move up vice out? Courses like this will break you out on the apply board. 1-3 or so hours a week, 60 Retirement points, 9 Graduate Credits, 40 weeks total, 1 Week Face to Face 1/3 of the way through, and final 2 week Face to Face session. The instructors have a good sense of practicality, understanding that these academics are your 4th job (still have to do some work though).

I'm taking a brief around VA Beach area to reserve squadrons, PM me for additional info (brief is too big to post here).

http://www.jfsc.ndu.edu/schools_programs/ajpme/overview.asp

There is also a pretty easy (clicky, clicky) course for your Senior Enlisted that may help them break out (SEJPME).
I'll second the plug for AJPME here. Enrolled now and in Week 15; it takes work, but not at the red-ass / need to gouge my eyes out level. The first face-to-face session down here at JFSC is actually pretty good as far as these things go; the instructors all seem pretty sharp, and do a pretty good job at not making me fall asleep while filling me with Joint knowledges. Also, Make Vapes seems to be a decent enough guy, and is smarter than he actually looks. As he mentioned above, this is one of the key things that can break you out on the Apply Board or for your O-5/6 promotion board - since everyone's records look awfully similar, this is one of the few factual things on a record that can make you stand out. Plus, the student body tends to be really Army/AF heavy and need some more Navy representation to class the place up some...

atmahan

... facility for offence.
Make Vapes/FlyinSpy,

When I completed my JPME Phase I a couple of years ago, I looked into AJPME but it appeared to require a Board for acceptance into the program. Also, as part of the application process, a couple of recommendations were also required to be submitted to this Board.

Is this no longer the case?

Can I just call N7 to get a funding source for the 2 Face-to-Faces required for AJPME?

Also, does an IRR Participant have a good chance of getting AT/ADT funding for these F2Fs?

Thanks, I am really interested in getting the AJPME. Combined with a Joint Billet if I ever go back SELRES, I could potentially get a JSO Qualification!

Thanks,

ATMahan

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Hey, apologies it took so long to get back here...
The other services have a board to get in, the Navy doesn't (I did not get boarded to come into the course). Adds and drops come through CNRFC N7, I am pretty sure they run the funding line, not a unit. We need all the Sea Service Representation we can get (bring your Marine Reserve buddies). As for IRR, CNRFC will answer that. If they will fund it, I will take you. If they won't fund it, is there no-cost TAD for IRR folks??? Here is a link to our website with a snazzy video at the bottom. Please spread the word.

http://www.jfsc.ndu.edu/schools_programs/ajpme/welcome.asp more info if you click the Prospective Students and Overview buttons.

Call CNRFC N7 at
USN (CNRFC N7-Training)
Com: (757) 322-6591/6589/6615
DSN: 262-6591/6589/6615

We are pushing to get the silly "equivelent to JPME II" removed, it satisfies the same academic requirement to attain JQO level III as the in resident 10 week course. To get there we are pressing to match their syllabus.

If you have issues, PM me here.

atmahan

... facility for offence.
OK, I called N7 (again) and a Chief finally answered (after leaving messages the day before on 2 YN2s' desk phones with no call back!)

The Chief told me that N7 would only fund someone with a paid billet (FTS/SELRES).

I didn't ask about the no-cost TAD orders option.

I might try again later. I have read Instructions that say that ADT funding for IRR personnel is allowed as long as it benefits the Navy. I figure me getting AJPME trained does that. Hopefully, the next time I call I will get someone else and they will be aware of this policy and give me the thumbs up. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened to me. As a SELRES Training Officer trying to get quotas in CANTRAC, I usually had to try several times before I got someone who really knew what was and what wasn't allowed instead of playing it safe and just rejecting my requests.

Last edited:

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I'll get a hold of them tomorrow and I'll "ask" the no cost TAD question... I'll try to get back here, if you hear nothing, PM me.

I have read Instructions that say that ADT funding for IRR personnel is allowed as long as it benefits the Navy.
ATMahan, you might want to look at popping into the VTU for a bit. I know VTU (which is technically IRR) folks have gotten ADT funding to be asst recorders on promotion boards before. Also, since you'll have a current physical, the Navy (it seems to me) should be more willing to have you travel someplace. Good luck in either case though--I'm finishing up my last JPME I course now, so I'm looking at you as my guinea pig!

subreservist

It appears AJPME can only be approved through N7. The latest N7 message for FY15 has this caveat:

"2. Discussion. AJPME is a high intensity, 40 week blended training course offered through the JFSC in Norfolk, VA. This course is open to Selected Reservist (SELRES) and Full-Time Support (FTS) only. The coursework entails nightly reading and online work for 40 weeks interspersed with a one week session at week 13 and a two-week session of face-to-face learning conducted on campus at JFSC at course end."

And looking at the website, I'm not sure how you can get TAD orders...http://jfsc.ndu.edu/Academics/Joint...tionSchool/AJPME/AJPMEProspectiveStudent.aspx

In addition, they want you to have a current security clearance and few other things...side note: course qualifies for 60 points.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Sorry, I asked CNRFC N-7 about the "do it on personal time and dime for points", no go. Interesting stuff going on... AJPME mets the academic requirement for JQO Level III, it is "equivelent" due to Title 10 wording. New NDAA is taking away the 10 week/in-residence at JFSC requirement for "JPME II", so the in res course may be going hybrid too (many options) and AJPME may be labeled JPME II outright.

The AJPME curriculum will nearly match the in-res syllabus in January. 3 classes start January to Feb, finish in Nov. Navy will probably be short on folks to fill seats, so get a hold of the POC soon. 60 retirement points, 9 Graduate Credit hours, 6-8 hours a week collaborating on products, 3 exams, one 12 page research paper.

. 60 retirement points, 9 Graduate Credit hours, 6-8 hours a week collaborating on products, 3 exams, one 12 page research paper.
Make Vapes- I looked twice (but still could have missed it) and didn't see JFSC AJPME listed on the CNRF N7's 30SEP2014 list of courses approved for retirement points. I can't imagine they *wouldn't* give you points, but do you happen to have a solid answer on this? There's a pdf copy of the list on the Navy Reserve/IRR courses thread (thanks Sam I Am!).