• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airspace diagram referenced in 'Air Warriors' (by Doug Waller)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What would you think if I said that all looks like Greek to me?

Carny

Captain Tyin Knots
Looks like ya got it but here's my version of it, just remember for E and G above 10k MSL the horizontal distance from clouds is 1 statute mile, not thousands of feet like the others.

Attachments

• Airspaces for Dummies.pdf
    87.1 KB · Views: 19

jtmedli

pilot
What would you think if I said that all looks like Greek to me?

I would say "well done, sir". I've always thought it was ridiculous how we feel the need to make these things so difficult. I was a fan of the MOA rules: "Dont fly into the damn cloud."...."Roger that sir".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really, it is just a matter of knowing what you need to know and remembering those limits. When I fly my VFR Cessna 170B I stay VERY VMC and am familiar with the airspace I fly in, no more. As I have no desire to fly in anything less than 3 miles viz and well clear of clouds in my old C-170 I could fly clear across the country with a sectional chart and not need to know any of that stuff or talk to anyone on the radio. In the Navy, TACAIR anyway, had no need for any of that stuff. In the airlines we are filed IFR every time. At the few non tower airports we may fly into procedures and limitations are laid out very specifically for each and every destination. I only need to read it on the page before me. Having to know that stuff is more of a rite of passage for military student aviators than useful info. You will forget it soon enough.