• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airshow swag!?

Walt6541

Calling all former SnackOs, Bulls and airshow det junkies!

I recently took command of my CAP squadron. We're supporting our first post-covid Flight4CF Aviation Day event next month. Unfortunately no airshow box this year, but we're expecting about 10K visitors per day according to the Flight4CF organizers.

To fundraise for our cadet programs we've often sold our squadron T-Shirts previously and had great success with them. What I want to know is what else y'all have had good success with? I'm doing some squadron slaps and poker chip type challenge coins already, as well as patches if we have them in time. Lanyards? Soda (beer) coozies? Water bottles?

Thanks in advance! -Walt

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Can you do unorthodox things like screw drivers or bottle openers or something? I've gotten a bunch of things like that from vendors and contractors and they're really useful. That might help sell the swag at a decent price for the squadron. Also helps sell it within the Wing.

Never forget that your swag is also a great recruiting tool.

GroundPounder

Can you sell water? Not for your main items that you mean in the original post, but selling Wall Mart /.Costco water at a dollar a bottle is profitable. In many cases you can get it donated, and anything you don't sell could be used by your members during meetings / training sessions.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Is this going to be at Beverly (KBVY)? Is the 126th sending a -60 over? I know they use to.

Walt6541

Is this going to be at Beverly (KBVY)? Is the 126th sending a -60 over? I know they use to.
It is! I'm unsure about the 60. They were there last time, but last I talked to the organizer, Rich, he hadn't gotten confirmation from them yet.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It is! I'm unsure about the 60. They were there last time, but last I talked to the organizer, Rich, he hadn't gotten confirmation from them yet.
I hope you get one…it isn’t like they have a lot to do now (I’m kidding). I won’t be able to make this one, but I’m moving to the area (NH) as soon as my house here closes so I’ll keep an eye out for future events and fly down for some fun and swag!