• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline Musings ... *thread split*

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Single Seat, get in line! I think HAL already has a bunch of us willing to be adopted... :D

HAL: +1 on your rep for not answering your cell phone until you were done posting. Nothing like the driven AW's posting addict!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I was watching a Gladiator movie - you guys ever see one? It's a prereq for adoption.....

Actually I'm on reserve starting at 1015. They aren't suposed to call before then but the sneaky bastards will try. If it was them, it would have given them 25 minutes to find someone else before I had to call them back.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Actually I'm on reserve starting at 1015. They aren't suposed to call before then but the sneaky bastards will try. If it was them, it would have given them 25 minutes to find someone else before I had to call them back.

That is the only way to sit reserve.... Never, ever give Screw Scheduling the advantage! NEVER.. That is why I have a seperate (sp?) ring tone for anything FEDEX!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I have a special ring tone too...but the sneaky bastards will call from a blocked number or a new number sometimes.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I have a special ring tone too...but the sneaky bastards will call from a blocked number or a new number sometimes.

I understand... They used lots of numbers when they moved from our Ops building over to our MD-11 training facility.. Added every one of those #s but I guess when the phone rings between 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM it is easier to predict whom is on the other line... Except for that time between 7:00 AM and Noon, then I do what you did.. Don't answer...

plc67

pilot
Get a batphone, landline, that's crew scheduling only. If it rings and you don't have to respond then let it ring; if it's days off and the old lady is driving you nuts and/or you have your eye on another must have toy and need some extra money then pick up.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ Only problem with that is that it ties me down on reserve. Right now I go to the beach, movies, etc.

plc67

pilot
You can delay the inevitable but you can't avoid the inevitable and any good crew scheduler knows all the dodges and they'll get that secret number, at least our scheduling department will. How they find out some of the stuff they do borders on witchcraft;for example they got ahold of me sitting in the airplane in Dailan China to tell me I wasn't going home the next day due to an uncovered Hong Kong trip. Leaving a message at the Osaka hotel wouldn't have been any surprise but I didn't know Arnold Ziffel knew where China is. Our schedulers are kind of like savants; they can get ahold of you on a Chinese civilian/military airport but it flummoxes them to get ahold of you in Anchorage to tell you your trips been cancelled so don't check out of the over booked hotel.

Bumper365

You can delay the inevitable but you can't avoid the inevitable and any good crew scheduler knows all the dodges and they'll get that secret number, at least our scheduling department will. How they find out some of the stuff they do borders on witchcraft;for example they got ahold of me sitting in the airplane in Dailan China to tell me I wasn't going home the next day due to an uncovered Hong Kong trip. Leaving a message at the Osaka hotel wouldn't have been any surprise but I didn't know Arnold Ziffel knew where China is. Our schedulers are kind of like savants; they can get ahold of you on a Chinese civilian/military airport but it flummoxes them to get ahold of you in Anchorage to tell you your trips been cancelled so don't check out of the over booked hotel.
What are the things that zap your calls or whatever? If it's an 800 number or a restricted call it doesn't even come through. I saw the commercial sometime.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Shenanigans!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I call

SHENANIGANS!!!

KyleSouthPark.gif

You can't pickup an extra 19 posts today answering each of bumperbaby's posts with "Shut up"... :D

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
HornetGuy300 said:
Yeah and then he banned me for no apparent reason considering the situation, If he wanted me to "Shut up", he can send me a private message concerning it.

Sit down Hondo. I think I'm about the most tolerant guy on this site, and even I can't stand your stupid-assery.

You respond to things without any context or understanding and post gibberish. Wait fifteen minutes between your thoughts and your posts, Turbo.