• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline Horror Stories

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
The thing I was wondering about #4 was this: How could they let her cancel 'her' ticket, if she was not in fact the person that the ticket was supposed to be for?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I generally think these are isolated incidents...or rather, i want to think they are...

We've become damn paranoid about brown skinned folk these days, somewhat for good reason, but generally speaking, i think people are wound a bit tight. Going through all the BS to get on a damn plane now a'days certainly doesn't help put people in a calm, rational demeanor prior to boarding their plane. Nevertheless, everybody involved in aviation, the TSA, the airlines, and the pax need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and respond to these types of situations using their cerebral cortex and not just their brain stem...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I once had a belt-loader spring a small fuel leak, spraying some fuel onto bags being loaded that caught fire.
Not a pretty sight for pax watching out the window as flaming bags are coming up to the aircraft underneath them.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I once had a belt-loader spring a small fuel leak, spraying some fuel onto bags being loaded that caught fire.
Not a pretty sight for pax watching out the window as flaming bags are coming up to the aircraft underneath them.

So what happened when you seen this occur?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I once had ....
Or two Mexican-ramp-rat-bag-smashers driving bag-carts in opposite directions on the wind-swept ramp @ Acapulco in 1978 during my inaugural 'international' airline flight ...

They passed @ 1" from each other (again, opposite direction) and two large bags 'caught'.

The bags ripped open ...

The passengers' "personal belongings" went blowing wherever the wind took them across the ramp ...
I even saw a flying bra & panties. :)

I looked up at the airplane and the windows were filled w/ passengers' faces ...

The two Mex-bag-smashers just looked at one another, shrugged their equivalent of a Mexican Air Force salute, smiled w/ big teeth & mustachios, and went on their merry way ...

I think, somewhere in the distance ... I heard a Mariachi Band playing ...

Ahhhhhhh ... international flying. Gotta' LOVE it !!!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what happened when you seen this occur?
Belt-loader emergency stop before flaming bags ever entered cargo bin, and fire immediately dispersed with fire extinguisher(s).
Ops normal, thereafter. Pretty much. (after some seat cushion replacements. ;) )

[A4s, I, and any other airline pilot of many years could probably write a book of amazing things we have seen...]

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Belt-loader emergency stop before flaming bags ever entered cargo bin, and fire immediately dispersed with fire extinguisher(s).
Ops normal, thereafter. Pretty much. (after some seat cushion replacements. ;) )

[A4s, I, and any other airline pilot of many years could probably write a book of amazing things we have seen...]

I thought that book was labeled airwarriors.com :D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Ahhhhhhh ... international flying. Gotta' LOVE it !!!

I ended up with my Grandfather's old Jepp bag. Lots of neat stuff including the procedures for setting off the bug bombs in the plane after leaving Jamaica. :D Also have an Omega gouge card.