• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

airfare?

incubus852

pilot
much thanks guys. looks like im staying in pensacola while im here. maybe ill get corpus for primary and corpus seems to be cheaper.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The airlines do help the military a lot. They have a certain number of government fares for each flight. (the amount differs depending on the airline). Those government fares they give out are a great deal cheaper. The only catch is they must be official travel orders :D. I was in charge of travel orders for our command pilots and aircrew as well as transiting aircrew, so I dealt with the airlines and government fares frequently.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, there's lots of ways to find cheap(er) airfare out there, but my point is this: if you're expecting to fly back to Cali from P'cola or Corpus with any kind of frequency, you're in for a big disappointment.

VT Skeds: Hey Ensign, we need somebody to go on a cross-country to the East Podunk, Idaho, airshow this weekend with Commander Pinksheet. Four X's and a checkride en route. You're it.
You: But, sir, I have plane tickets to go home to Cali this weekend. It's Grandma's birthday.
VT Skeds: (long silence...crickets...in the distance, a dog barks...)

I say again: from the day you start API to the day you check out of the RAG, your days, nights and weekends are not your own. You may partake of recreation and free time if the Navy has nothing better for you to do. Outside of stash/A-pool time, that will be infrequent.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Special military promotion by AA until end of July. The fares seem good enough, haven't compared tough. They are also offering preboard to those in uniform and, as they have for years now, OIF and OEF guys get to use the Admiral's Club. Now that is a good deal. Free food and drinks abound. If that isn't worth wearing your uniform I don't know what is.

http://www.aa.com/content/amrcorp/pressReleases/2007_12/17_military.jhtml