• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircrew vs Maintainers

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Being a prior maintainer as well I think I should add this so here is the maintainer rebuttal which is pretty good as well. But in my opinion not as good as the first. I guess I am more of an Aircrew guy at heart.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
"We sent out our stupidest fucking maintainer and he said it's good to go".... fucking priceless. Missing a rotor blade? It's good. Reminds me of my buddy who liked to give ridiculous answers on HAC go/no go scenarios... engine's on fire and an urgent sar? Go.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
This can't be true! A poster over on BaseOps told us that there is no strain between aircrew and maintainers in the Dep't of the Navy because pilots, and not dedicated maintenance career officers, are in charge!

heh heh

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
This can't be true! A poster over on BaseOps told us that there is no strain between aircrew and maintainers in the Dep't of the Navy because pilots, and not dedicated maintenance career officers, are in charge!

heh heh

Damn social media letting all our secrets leak onto the interwebs!

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
This can't be true! A poster over on BaseOps told us that there is no strain between aircrew and maintainers in the Dep't of the Navy because pilots, and not dedicated maintenance career officers, are in charge!heh heh

You mean after 50 years, they have not changed that; yet?

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
They changed it in my squadron... they put me in charge of maintenance and I'm an NFO!

Flugelman

Contributor

heh heh

Not too sure about the "No Strain" bit when the MO overboosts both engines on a P2 and causes two engine changes on deployment. :icon_rage

Maintainers weren't too happy with him...:)