• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airbus 380

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Triple decker, 500+ seats, a bar, a lounge, possible salon, and beds.....

airbus-a380-takeoff.jpg

Next thing, they will have "cruise planes" like cruise ships. :D

What do you guys think about this monster?

gunnar_034

I believe I read an article about a Saudi prince purchasing one of these for his personal jet....must be rough.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, sure, but at least he talking about a War plane. . .oh, wait.

It is a war plane.....the AF AMC will be buying it to fly guys to and from the war. :D

Touché....Yea, I searched. I just thought I'd bring it up again and get thoughts with all the FNG's.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'm looking fwd to getting it (even if those morons put a yoke in it!). I'm just wondering if it will ever show up.

Well, the first flight has already been pushed back twice and I don't know that they have set another projected first flight date. It was a huge deal when they rolled it out for the first time up here in Everett. People were sneaking around in the middle of the night taking pictures from the perimeter fence. Cops were posted all around trying to prevent it, but it didn't do much good.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
"Triple decker, 500+ seats, a bar, a lounge, possible salon, and beds....."

Triple decker??? I only see two rows of windows...

Most airlines are not going to purchase the bar, lounge, salon, it's a offered feature, but you bet that most airlines want the 500+ seats mostly filled with coach.

I think it was Singapore Airlines that has a couple beds, but has a strict "no plane babies" policy.

Recidivist

Screw the salon, what they need is a Saloon. How much more fun would long flights be with fighting, horses, hookers, booze and gambling?