• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIRBUS 380

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm glad to see that the big European gamble is finally paying off for them. :icon_roll I hope their whole line collapses and they have to sell all their half-finished jets as scrap for centimes on the Euro. :D

Brett

C-Mike

We need more of these stickers/graphics floating around.

Does it trully make sense that Airbus as been regarded as the number one commercial aircraft manufacturer for the last several years running? Last year Boeing topped Airbus with the total dollar value of orders received, and yet Airbus is titled "# 1" (based overall on volume by selling more lower priced narrow body aircraft). Isn't the mighty dollar (or Euro) the bottom line!? :irked_125 Hopefully airlines will wise up after these further delays and cancel orders.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We need more of these stickers/graphics floating around.

Does it trully make sense that Airbus as been regarded as the number one commercial aircraft manufacturer for the last several years running? Last year Boeing topped Airbus with the total dollar value of orders received, and yet Airbus is titled "# 1" (based overall on volume by selling more lower priced narrow body aircraft). Isn't the mighty dollar (or Euro) the bottom line!? :irked_125 Hopefully airlines will wise up after these further delays and cancel orders.

If your goal is to saturate the market with your aircraft, then no, the dollar is not the bottom line.

cmquaker

In the aircraft market, the dollar is the bottom line, in the sense that dollars are almost always used for aircraft transactions. So the strength of the euro against the dollar is yet another factor contributing to Airbus' decline.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
It's a big gamble.. This 380 thing; but the uplift on this thing is going to be insane.. 1 380 can carry the same cargo it takes 3 of our MD-11s.. The pay rates are in our TA, the ramp is being torn up and rebuilt to accept it.. So so far we are committed to the project... I'm sure we will milk out penalties and knock off the price for the delay... Personally, I know everybody is a huge Boeing fan but how many have actually flown both on this site.. I like both manufactures... Goods and bads... But the Boeing I flew was an antique and the Bus I fly is brand new.. So hard to compare but.. Boeing does more overseas outsourcing (parts/service) than you think and Airbus does more US (parts/service) than you think as well... Everybody is RAH, RAH buy American and then drives an Import... Don't get me wrong, I hate the French!!! :D

ajosephb

A380 Maiden Flight in the US this morning.

This aircraft is very impressive. Too bad that there has been so many delays involved.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
400er_k62081.jpg
AirBus%20380.jpg

..Sacre Bleu..UGLY is as UGLY DOES..

a380_3.jpg

Scale model mock-ups for relative size comparison ..... :)

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg
moz-screenshot-8.jpg
moz-screenshot-9.jpg
moz-screenshot-10.jpg
moz-screenshot-11.jpg
A-6%252005.jpg

UGLY IS AS UGLY DOES. 2 PEOPLE AND 28,000 POUNDS OF ORDNANCE AT A TIME.
moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
moz-screenshot-12.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

BlkPny

pilot
I saw the A380 at LAX today. On approach, it looks like a weather front approaching. Jesus, that thing is big. On the ground, it simply dwarfs everything around it, even the UAL 747's parked by it. The wingspan is incredible.

Next question will be, how does an airport handle loading/unloading 600 passengers for a single flight? What about baggage, screening, and traffic?Also, remember that it can only utilize a limited number of airports, so every trip might have at least one connecting flight.

Financially, I don't know if it has a bright future.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I saw the A380 at LAX today. On approach, it looks like a weather front approaching. Jesus, that thing is big. On the ground, it simply dwarfs everything around it, even the UAL 747's parked by it. The wingspan is incredible.

Next question will be, how does an airport handle loading/unloading 600 passengers for a single flight? What about baggage, screening, and traffic?Also, remember that it can only utilize a limited number of airports, so every trip might have at least one connecting flight.

Financially, I don't know if it has a bright future.

Exactly! It seems that the airliners are turning to smaller-more economical aircraft like the 777's and the upcoming 787's.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I've said it before ... I'll say it again .... the A380 is a monster that has the capacity to take down Airbus as a viable business concern.

Good riddance, in my
opinion (experienced and educated on both Boeing and the 'Bus) ..... PLUS .... Airbus will have to sell @ 450-500 of the monsters to break even. It ain't gonna happen .... not in this lifetime.

Think about it: The TSA and Customs are already maxed out with screening and security .... now try bringing 4-6 A380's into .... say, LAX or SFO or JFK or NRT .... all at the same time ('cause that's the WAY it goes down) .... and you will have complete Customs gridlock.

Believe it.