• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Warrior's Forum Rules (SOP)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Updated SOP with MEGA THREADS information, here is the section added:

MEGA THREADS: (REFERENCE)
Quite a bit of information keeps getting asked, over and over again. And the new user/poster may feel intimidated with the defacto response "use the search function". To forestall the flames that sometimes occur when it's the same question that has been asked weekly since the dinosaurs roamed, the various "Stupid Question/Mega-threads" were introduced to allow newbies or as it has turned out, anyone including Mods to ask burning questions that Mods feel should be captured in these "learning/reference" threads. The intent is to also provide protection from flames as the "Stupid question" threads are sanctuary from same by definition (ie there are no such things as a stupid question). Their popularity has spawned other Mega-threads.

BACKGROUND: We have found over the years that new posters to Naval Aviation are very curious and tend to create threads faster than a M16 in full auto and the temptation to ask the verboten "What are my chances?". That said, the practice of push back on certain questions is generally no different than what you'll experience in any Ready Room. In that fashion, AW serves a "Virtual Ready Room" or rock tumbler to smooth some of the rough edges on a newbie's quest to a cockpit.

NOTE: Many users fail to note that besides using search function, vBulletin has a nifty feature that does an automatic search for you in every thread you look at and it's sitting at the bottom of every page. It uses the key words in the title of the thread (that's why Mods will modify title of threads to not only better "advertise" the content of the thread, but give the automatic search a better leg up in finding and displaying similar threads. If you have never scrolled to bottom of page, try it on a few threads. If you are starting a thread, check it out as well as it will clue you in as to whether you really started a unique topic (if not, Mods will be along soon enough and merge it if warranted). Here is a list of current Stupid Questions and Mega Threads:

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only one that can't get it to load? I get told by Google the link is broken...

nowhereelsetogo

Thank you for putting this together. One quick followup question I was unable to find an answer for: is it possible for users to modify or delete their existing posts?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I *think* you can edit/delete within a certain period of time, otherwise it locks it from the user. Try editing your post above and see what happens.

If that's not good enough, just report the post and explain the issue and a Mod can go in and delete a post. This seems to be a favorite pasttime of a couple of users (like Sheepdip).

Renegade One

None
I believe the document covers most of the questions I have been asked over the years about the website, and how we do business. As a community, if you have any suggestions this is the place to post it, and discuss.

John
ACK RECEIPT. NO QUESTIONS. WILL COMPLY. NICE JOB. :cool:

Sheepdip

Contributor
I *think* you can edit/delete within a certain period of time, otherwise it locks it from the user. Try editing your post above and see what happens.

If that's not good enough, just report the post and explain the issue and a Mod can go in and delete a post. This seems to be a favorite pasttime of a couple of users (like Sheepdip).

It's true. I am disturbingly paranoid. The fellas here have and continue to be very helpful, however.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Is this still up to date WRT Private Forums? Been a while since I tried to do much with the User Control Panel and it's different than I remember. Mostly curious if there's a Private P-8 forum since I've got one foot on the dark side now.