• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air France A380 clips regional jet at JFK last night

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
based on nothing more than the video (not an airline dude, wasn't there, etc...), seems like the air france jet was moving kinda fast...? Could just be scale and perspective since he's so much bigger than the regional.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I can't believe no one was hurt on the DAL RJ !!! The Frog-Bus tossed her around like a kid's toy.

The Frog-Bus was moving too fast for the conditions (night) and the location (JFK ramps/taxiways -- they are OLD, small taxiways and lots of aircraft to contend with.. ), in my opinion.

Oh, well .... and I still hate JFK (and always will). The airport, you ninnys ... not the Prez.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Think the pilots just got out and kinda scratched their heads while looking at the damage?

I bet the Air France guy tried to tell him he'd just give him his contact info and pay the mechanic and the Regional guy was like "Well...I hear what your saying...I'd just feel more comfortable getting your insurance info though..."

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I'm with A4s, how someone wasn't seriously injured on the CRJ is pretty remarkable. They got ROCKED!

I think the reason the Air France A380 was going so fast was the Lufhansa jet chasing it just outside the camera's frame! In a report I read, the Air France pilot was yelling, "Oh non! Les Allemands sont de retour!"